Etching on Stainless Steel

Hello! First post here. I’m still waiting on my Glowforge and in the mean time I’ve been doing a lot of reading and research. Has anyone used this or something similar? I’d like to do some etching on stainless steel since I have a good amount of it left over from another project.

1 Like

Yes, it works. Have you read through these threads? Search results for 'brilliance' - Glowforge Owners Forum

2 Likes

I have not read through the threads. I’m still learning to navigate this community forum. Thanks for the link! I’ll read through them.

2 Likes

This might answer some questions you don’t even know you have yet:

3 Likes

Thank you! I didn’t even know that existed!

1 Like

This forum is definitely your best resource, reading through it will get you almost everything you need to know - but keep in mind the laser software/capabilities have updated over the years so if you’re reading an old post be sure to scan the responses for updates (much of the great info is condensed into the Tips and Tricks section). Also, after you set up your machine and run the GoGM test, the first thing you should do is go through the First Three Prints. Read it now so you know what’s coming, but it’s the best introduction to how this particular machine works (both functions, and key words).

1 Like

Thank you! I’m looking forward to setting free my creative side!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.