Every Dog Has Its Day

I would imagine he had a sleeping bag…

1 Like

@Livein3D I had a mummy bag inside of a heavier bag. It wasn’t horrible.

I’ve definitely slept in colder. Like a Minnesota Boundary Waters Canoe Area trip - in January.

I haven’t made Rio anything else really. I should probably make him another collar now that I think about it. How is yours holding up this much later, @jbv?

Recent pics. A bunch…

14 Likes

It is so nice to see Rio again having some fun away from the production facility. He looks pretty chill.

2 Likes

:cry: that was pre-Covid. Today is 4 months and 12 days without a day off (14 hour day at that).

2 Likes

Oh, that’s tough!

He looks like a happy dog. Glad you have each other.

3 Likes

He looks like he is really enjoying that time. Yes I think he is overdue for something new…maybe a leather jacket for the extreme cold? Just kidding…that would be way too much for me to figure out (I’m a basic sewer to begin with). LOL Wow you can have a wood burning stove in a tent?! I would have never imagined that!

Thanks for explaining all that to me.

1 Like

Sewing is horrible. :slight_smile:

That’s a wall tent designed for winter camping. No floor - just walls and a roof. Sleeping pad goes on the snow and then sleeping bag. It has a window designed for the chimney tubing.

The boundary waters is a non-motor area, so no snow machines. Put all your stuff on sleds, including your portable wood burning stove, and either ski or snowshoe in. I opted for snowshoes instead of ski’s! I’m from Texas, after all.

The main problem with the stove up there is that the wood is all softwood so it doesn’t burn down into a bed of coals that heats through the night. Once it’s burned, it’s gone. And then you have to wake up in the cold and make another fire or just grin and bear it, while the growing ice is making eerie sounds all around you.

5 Likes

I think this is where you first learned about venting your Glowforge. In the pre-filter days, that is.

4 Likes

I should be in the Boundary Waters right now, but staying home in Texas instead… interestingly enough, my current dog HATES canoeing and hated everything about the one time we brought her to the BWCAW except when we were in camp. Then she was perfectly happy.

2 Likes

Love, Love, Love this!!

1 Like

LOVE the story of how you and Rio found each other and LOVE the collar. Looks like it’s a match made in heaven!

2 Likes

Casually looking for collar ideas for my new puppies Hades and Nami…and stumbled across your post. 1) great job on the collar and 2) I actually live off of 90…yes, in the middle of nowhere.

2 Likes

Awesome pictures, oh ya the collar is nice too🤣

1 Like