Fairs, Festivals, and Farmer's Markets

Flask.

7 Likes

I do a lot of shows by myself, and usually your neighboring vendors will watch your booth on a break, or some events have “runners” that will stand in your booth while you take a break.

2 Likes

This is exactly the post I was looking for! I just applied to be a vendor at the night market that @geek2nurse mentioned. Anyone have any good input on folding tables? I won’t need a tent right away, but I’ll need to build some displays.

1 Like

I have a pair of Lifetime tables that are going strong after at least ten years.

1 Like

Well, shoot, I won’t be here for the one in July…but let me know if I can help you with prep!

1 Like

A follow up:
I did my booth at the car show last weekend. Success!

Many thanks for all of the suggestions and advice; I was hydrated, comfortable, well prepared with wares, got some amount of stuff up off the table, big shiny flyers for my shop, and was able to take a nice break when my girlfriend came and looked after the booth midshow. my snazzy Undercover canopy is a joy to use (watched others struggling with theirs) and best of all I got a bunch of great reactions and feedback from everyone walking by.

Of course, since I had plenty of time to prepare, I put a bunch of ‘little’ things off until the last minute, forgetting that I would be hosting family the two days prior to the show… so some of the fancy bits of my display (ahem, digitally printed fitted table covers, racks and shelves for a few things, edge-lit acrylic sign…) kinda didn’t happen. Oh well… plenty of room to improve!

I did not manage to take nearly enough photos, but I got a couple:

image image

I learned a lot, and it was well worth the experience. I will certainly be doing more shows in the future.

12 Likes

I do about 30 days of shows every year and these are all good points.

Zelda looks kind of smug in that one photo.

5 Likes

Your laser cut cars and jeeps look pretty cool and it looks like you had a good plan for your booth.

I still like your hats too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I had to go back and look again. All I saw the first time was the dog!

3 Likes

Is that your logo in the middle of the Aztec calendar? :sunglasses::+1:

2 Likes

No… but now I’m gonna have to do that!
(The sunstone engrave is very popular around here.)

3 Likes

For the forgers in Mich. looking for a market, you may want to checkout http://mifma.org/.

1 Like

Interesting experience yesterday. A man came up to me at my booth and introduced himself as a fellow Glowforger. Sorry I was busy and didn’t get his name.

4 Likes