Fairy Boxes

I would have just wadded them up in there.

That was exactly what I did with my first few experiments. :slight_smile: The Tesla tower came after a few iterations.

5 Likes

Next iteration: acrylic tesla tower? Should block less light.

Shorter tabs on the tesla tower would help too, as well as v-shaped tabs.

Excellent concept, very clever.

6 Likes

Very nice. Love it!

2 Likes

These are very nice, and like everyone has said … the interior design is fantastic!

2 Likes

Excellent work!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

It is against forum rules to ask for files. Many of us have made the same mistake, but if a designer wants to share their designs, they post them in the Free Design section of the forum.

7 Likes

…Or better yet, add a check box to the posting section that says, “Willing to share” or something like that, then nobody needs to even ask. The info is right in the post. Just don’t limit speech in an open artistic forum. That is ridiculous!

And BTW- Sorry if you are just the messenger and not a moderator but like I said, that response really put me on a bit of a tilt.

The rule is a glowforge rule so you’ll need to take it up with glowforge. Here is the rule:
“If someone shares a print that they’ve made, please respect their sharing and do not ask for the source design or artwork. Designs take work and have value, and when you ask someone to give you that value for free, you undermine their work.”

And here is the link:
https://community.glowforge.com/guidelines

If you get them to change their minds see if you can lift the ban on posting settings outside Beyond the Manual.

6 Likes

On a personal note to this: The boxes themselves are from MakerCase. However, the screens are a purchase from Etsy so I cannot share them. However, you can buy the set here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/595570804/24-svg-dxf-eps-png-bundle-cut-template

For myself, I like having the rule in place. I don’t have to refuse anyone, so I don’t feel bad. I would much rather try to show people how I came up with something so they can make their own and add their own touches to it. If I just give it to them, I feel less like I have shared and more like I did someone’s homework for them. That’s just my 2 cents.

21 Likes

Jeff; you’re the one being triggered and freaking out. dkl just gave a matter of fact response. There are reasons why this rule is in place. It is to prevent conflict and protect people’s original designs.

10 Likes

i get that it is the rule, what i wonder about is why people feel compelled to enforce it with such gusto.

1 Like

…And the answer you just gave is perfectly acceptable and adult and doesn’t require ridiculous rules on how you just presented it.

I’m not sure that’s true, both literally and figuratively.

There are minors on the forum. It’s a good idea to follow the rules until you understand their purpose, then suggest changes. I’m sure you’ll flame me for the suggestion, all I can say is that you’re wasting your time because I’ve already blocked you. I may unblock you later once you’ve had a chance to think about all this, but no promises.

11 Likes

I love what you did here! This is my more basic version of your fairy light where students designed the front of the box. I used seriously clearance-priced Christmas balls for the globes. Next time, maybe we will add the rice paper like you did.

14 Likes

Very cool. Rice paper is a lot of fun. I am slowly trying to figure out reliable settings for engraving it, but nothing I can write up so far. I did manage to create a box full of bees:

22 Likes

Do the beta speed settings for raster images help?

Love the bee box!

2 Likes

Simply, no. This is a Glowforge forum, and they get to make the rules. Adults know how to follow rules, even those they don’t like. By all means build your own forum and do what ya like.

9 Likes

1 of my Nephews and 3 Nieces, all of them under 15… Just saying. My other nephew is just under 20…
So definently NOT all adults. And heck yes for rules. You have no freaking idea what one of my nephews has come up with when he discovered “Wow a laser”

5 Likes

Love these! Nice work. Can I ask where you get your rice paper?

2 Likes