Fan staying on longer after job finishes?

This is exactly why we need version numbers and release notes.

Have no problem with asking for updates, changes and improvements. Just not thrilled with passing on the quoted part as fact, when everything Iā€™ve seen suggests otherwise.

1 Like

Especially since in 2017 there are automated tools for doing it. I never worry about updating version numbers since our build control system does it automagically. And since all check ins must be against tickets, the qa system generates semi coherent release notes automatically which our tester edits Takes a few minutes.

4 Likes

Pretty much every S/W house uses similar automated tools and have for more that 20 years. Have zero doubt that GF does also. Their S/W people are not a bunch of old geezers used to making changes without controls and are also not directly out of college. Cloud S/W and firmware version tracking is certainly available to Support.

That saidā€¦ They might have chosen not to make that info available to the user, or it is not yet prioritized for display in the GFUI.

2 Likes

I donā€™t buy ā€œnot prioritisedā€ because it is a trivial thing to do that only takes minutes. It can only be a deliberate decision to hide changes.

My expectation (perhaps wrong) is that the GFUI code is changing far more often than we think, but with very few of the changes visible to most users. What I noticed was that it took several seconds between the GF light going out and the disappearance of the ā€œCoolingā€ status note in the GFUI.

1 Like