First Try at 3d Shadowbox'ing

Very professional looking. Love the staining. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

To be fair I think it came together accidentally. As I attempt to create a second one I’ll keep some notes and try to put something together. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice job J.W. Its great when you can express a passion that you have in this way fro everyone to see.

Rich

That looks fantastic. I was wanting to try something like this but my Glowforge is in mystery land so I’m stuck looking at everyone else’s creations. Really good job on this though, I’m guessing you sketched out each layer first, correct?

Yep!

That is really amazing work! I think you are doing a great job! When I work with shadow box ideas I color each layer in a different color that way I can see what the overall look will be before I send it to burn.

1 Like

I love this!!

Came out really well and gives me some nice ideas. I love the subtle colors but also the depth you get from the shadowbox effect and the choice of layers you have. It really gives the sense of wanting to go hike off into the distance.

First attempt?! Very, very nice… Wow…this is gorgeous. You definitely hit this one out of the park! Beautiful!