Free Official Glowforge Designs?

Greyscale engraving is what that is referred to as. And it is in development (last update, mostly complete. But still did not have the power supplies to test it)

1 Like

The catalog was up and working for a few days around pre-order time. It then magically disappeared. I am guessing they didnā€™t mean for the url to be working yet. So I would expect to see it pop back into existence as real ship dates appear.

was that a catalogue or the list of things made on a glow forge promotional images?

I think what youā€™re referring to is the UI that drives the Glowforge, which has only been getting better. It has a list of recent prints that you can use.

1 Like

It looked like the catalog, though itā€™s been awhile so it very well may have been what Dan is suggesting. I thought I remembered a different subdomain for it and everything, but didnā€™t expect it to disappear either so wasnā€™t paying that much attention.

This is the first time Iā€™ve seen the design of the Catan board shown in the marketing video, and I have a question. Arenā€™t the ā€œanyā€ ports (as opposed to the Wheat, Sheep, etc. ports) 3:1 instead of 2:1? I have the latest edition of the game, so maybe the older editions had different values. In any case, just thought Iā€™d ask.

You are absolutely correct, and Guido gave me a hard time (very lightheartedly) about the typo.

I really want this!

@dan, is there a corrected version of the free Catan board? Now that I have my :glowforge: Iā€™d really like to try this out! :grin:

2 Likes

Nothing yet!

1 Like

Ok, thanks.

1 Like

HA! I was just looking for this myself and found the 404 error when I clicked on the link :frowning:
Would love to be able to get the plan for the Catan Board.

2 Likes

Iā€™m assuming itā€™s still ok to link this since itā€™s on Glowforgeā€™s website, but feel free to remove it @dan if you want.

7 Likes

Oh yes - just meant we hadnā€™t updated that file.

4 Likes

I rather doubt this thread had anything to do with it, but I just wanted to say ā€œThanks!ā€ to Glowforge for including more free official designs as part of the package being offered to Founders. I know the video was what got me excited enough about the product to buy in early, and being able to make the items we saw in that video will be incredibly cool. Canā€™t wait for mine to come in so I can get started!

4 Likes

THANKS @rhenley !!!

1 Like

totally in this for the rubber band gun

5 Likes

I have played the ā€œgameā€ just once ā€¦ didnā€™t do a lot for me (but maybe because I didnā€™t spend much time there at the party learning the game)ā€¦but the game board is soooooo gorgeous it makes me want to build it and ā€œthey will comeā€ to playā€¦I would think. :wink: Thanks for the design.

Also, @rhenley what needed to be corrected on the pattern?

At the bottom of the page youā€™ll see a row of ships with ā€œWheat 2:1ā€ and so forth. The ones that say ā€œAnyā€ should be 3:1, not 2:1.

1 Like

Thank you! I only played this once about 2 years ago so donā€™t remember much about itā€¦but will make myself a note about the corrections.