Fun with plywood & Shoji paper

It is a lamp cord which runs to a socket inside the lamp. All the lamp parts we use come from Amazon.

I’ve never tried selling my files, since I only use SVG’s and only work in Inkscape. I always assumed that if you want to sell files you have to convert them to all sorts of different formats (ai, dxf, etc.) before uploading. Not really sure if this is true or not.

Not really. Besides, what does it cost to try? Worst case, they don’t sell. But they definitely won’t if you don’t put them out there. Start by submitting to GF catalog when it is available. You know that market uses .svg files

2 Likes

WOW! Amazing designs - THANK YOU for such great INSPIRATION! Beautiful! :smile:

I have a large volume of patterns for xmas ornaments (or sunchasers and earrings depending on what size the rest of the year) and would like to put up the files that someone could pick from an array which ones they want, but have not yet figured out how to do that. Even the array of ornaments already done or earrings already made should be in a collection to choose from and I have not managed that either.

So far I have only managed things already done that are sold as one of a kind even when similar to others,

Maybe offer a “you pick any 1, 2 or three (or whatever) for a bundle price? I have seen that on Etsy.

2 Likes

That was my plan, but how to do it like that in Etsy is not obvious (for me anyway)

1 Like

Beautiful work!

Nice!

Wow beautiful artwork. I love the color paper lanterns. especially.

6 Likes

beautiful work. Is Shoji paper the same as Origami paper?

I think in Etsy you do it with the comments field.
As in, you upload a pic with all of them marked with numbers/letters, you price it for 3 of them, and have a required comments field where the buyer has to enter their 3 choices.

I’ve seen a listing where there was a drop down selection option, which would be even better - but I’ve seen many that require comments.

1 Like

It is setting that up ion the other side to make that work that I don’t see :confounded:

Awesome. This is a whole lot of fun with plywood and Shoji paper! It’s also an excellent example of what clean designs made with good materials can create. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

3 Likes

Really lovely work and yes, I think they would sell so give it a try.

2 Likes

Well these are all beautiful! Well done

These designs are absolutely gorgeous , all of them!

1 Like

Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery… so I absolutely loved your boxes. I ordered some paper off amazon, and used a stencil my daughter had drawn

Would it be ok to share mine on the free laser designs or would you rather I did not?

My wife’s last name is Fujino, and my daughter is going to another one, where we will laser the Kanji for that. What is written on your 2nd tall box?
I love all 5 of the tall boxes.

3 Likes

Aloha! We have always operated on the notion that we are all in this together, and I am thrilled that you loved our designs! Please feel free to imitate and share to your hearts content. As far as the symbol, I believe you’re referencing the Chinese symbol on our Walnut desk lamp, which is the symbol for good fortune/good luck. One thing to note, if you are constructing the boxes as tea lights/desk lamps, as we are, please make sure to use battery operated faux candles and/or CFL bulbs, as opposed to real candles or incandescent bulbs, so that there is no risk of the internal paper siding catching fire. Mahalo for your flattery!

4 Likes

I just simply love them all!!! Excellent work

1 Like