G Scale Railroad Bridge

How tall is it? Great job. I’m guessing he has a pro?

1 Like

:rofl::joy::+1:

Geesh, like everyone else; I’m really looking forward to seeing the completed project!

2 Likes

If I tried to make this, I might fall on my caboose!

4 Likes

WOW!! Can’t wait to see the finished project! Impressive!

Sorry about the pic but had to take with lights off. Thought this will help later

9 Likes

Wow! That is great to have those diagrams!

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum. That is fantastic, I can’t wait to see the finished project. Please, please post more.

3 Likes

Very impressive… Love It!!!

Clear Outdoor Acrylic or something like it.

1 Like

Yes we have a Pro. Cut from 20" x 48" sheets of MDF

The bridge is made with MDF?

OH WOW!!! This is amazing! My 6 year old nephew is a train fanatic and he would FLIP if he saw this!

1 Like

I have a tressel for my garden train made from redwood. Even with penetrating outdoor stain, the moisture and sun are hard on it. I am afraid that mdf will not perform well under outdoor conditions. I suggest trying the coating out on some test pieces and leaving out in the weather to see how the coated MDF performs. A penetrating epoxy formulation followed by a dark outdoor stain (to simulate the color and texture of creosote treated railway timbers) may give it more life. I have used Cabot oil based deck and siding stain in Cordovan Brown on pressure treated scale lumber pieces and it looks convinceingly like creosote treated wood.

2 Likes

THAT is AWESOME!!! WELL DONE!!! My dad was very much into HO scale trains. I can’t even imagine the things he would have come up with to make on a Glowforge had they been around in his time! That is so very cool!

1 Like

Thats enormous. Look forward to the Caboose.

No I did not make the bridge. I have the blueprints for a standard Seabord RR Trestle from 1925 . I sent the pics in case someone wanted to make a trestle. If you need close ups let me know. peggy_nowell 's husband made a RR bridge.

Please be advised that this forum is a little bit different than most, and since it is a family forum the language used must be family friendly.
https://community.glowforge.com/faq

2 Likes