Gimme Some Skin

Wicked cool.

Unfortunately my phone has a curved back. The veneer would be peeling in no time.

1 Like

That’s really pretty. Nice work! Love the pattern!

1 Like

I thought I may have read that you can “tell” the Glowforge™ to cut the outside of a line, the inside or center/on the line. If true, could you have one cut inside the other out for closer fit?

1 Like

I could have if it had been a trace of a drawing using the Glowforge interface. But this one was built off of a vector file. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I love this!

1 Like

I have been waiting to do this…

9 Likes

You can get suction cup tape from Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/Sewell-Direct-AirStick-Microsuction-250mmx300mm/dp/B00M7FC1K8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1492605525&sr=8-2&keywords=suction+cup+tape

Pretty cool stuff. Don’t know if that’s laserable but you can always cut it with scissors or a knife to make it fit. Then you can make replaceable backs without needing to use sticky backed veneer.

8 Likes

That is so nice. It will be fun to experiment with a bunch of cheap cases to see what sort of mix and matching of materials you can do.

1 Like

Ooooo, sounds like cool stuff–thanks!

2 Likes

So cool…so, so cool

1 Like

Ok, now you’re just showing off! :stuck_out_tongue: Keep doing it!
looks amazing, well done!

4 Likes

Really nice. Do you have any on-process pictures? I’d love to see the puzzle-fitting process. How does the phone snap in? Or is it a shell case?

Thanks for the post!

1 Like

No, I didn’t take any pictures along the way…it’s just print two and swap the pieces out.
(So you wind up with a negative as well, if you can manage to keep up with all the bits.) :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s just stuck on an existing iPhone case that I already had, so the phone already fit in that case.

3 Likes

Well, it’s a great job. I guess my main reason for wanting in-process pictures was to live vicariously though you while I wait on mine. :smile:
Please keep posting!

3 Likes

Oh, I will…provided I can keep from falling down rabbit holes. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

If you do, please say hello to the Mad Hatter for me (kindred spirit, you understand)
:smiley:

3 Likes

“We’re all mad here and it’s OK” Sooj Tucker, Cheshire Kitten

7 Likes

Many thanks, I thoroughly enjoyed that.
Nice to listen to as I down my screwdriver and the remains of a Barrowdale Tea Cake I made yesterday.

1 Like

Oh me too! :+1:

1 Like

I love it!! I was traveling the last month (hate when real life work gets in the way of forging!) but I’m back and thinking a phone case is next on my list too! Thanks for the inspiration!

1 Like