Globe

A sharp knife and a refrigerator box from a local appliance store?

1 Like

Any clerk you are friendly with could get you a ton of it, or anything you bought that came in a box.

They used to have tons of boxes behind every store, but now they “recycle” by shredding before tossing out.

1 Like

I think im going to try this. If i ha e enough cardboard saved up. Is the red just for refference or would you recommend scoring this on the pieces?

1 Like

$25 will get you 50 pristine, flat, 12x18" cardboard sheets

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BGFYPOY

I buy a pack every few weeks for shipping laser cut words, but they’re handy for something like this, or doing test cuts before using wood/acrylic

10 Likes

You’re going to want to score the red - it both tells you the order of the pieces, and the glue line for the next piece! I imagine it’s technically possible to do without, but a lot harder :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I am trying to figure out how much cardboard I have piled up.

some of those pieces are really really small.

gonna have to send some through the table saw it seems.

2 Likes

Do you have a picture of the globe complete please?

Per original post:

1 Like

Precisely.

I created the file but have never found a source of clean, flat cardboard that was worth the cost (and used material is not suitable.)

I shared the file because it was the topic of discussion a month back or so.

1 Like

WHAT IS THIS ?

| deirdrebeth
March 30 |

• | - |

Per original post:

Thank you

That was me quoting the OP that they had not printed it…not sure how that’s confusing :-/

It means if you’d read the post, you’d know he’d never made to have a picture of.

I’d love it if someone did print it to see how it turns out.

After all the requests over the years I’m surprised someone hasn’t.

It could make a nice lamp, with an LED bulb.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Printed what?

Use the file and cut stuff out with the Glowforge. If a laser is considered a printer (much discussed) then the results of what it does is called a “print” :slightly_smiling_face:

I am not sure why I ever got this email this has nothing to do with me my printer in broken and yall are sending me a replacement.

You are receiving emails about responses to posts you made on the Glowforge Forum.

You originally asked if there were pictures of the Globe design printed out. The original poster had said that he did not print it because he could not source enough cardboard.

After that you just appear to be confused about receiving emails about responses to your forum posts.

We do not mean to confuse you, that is just how the forum works.

3 Likes

Is it possible that more than one person has access to your account here on the forum? We’re all responding to this post of yours:

2 Likes

OMG I am crazy LOL sorry thank you

3 Likes