Glowforge 2 Speculation

If you had more power, I wonder if you could do fast-enough dynamic defocusing on engraves to make it worthwhile. A lot of the time is the head movement, so if you could do most of it on low res and just fill in the details on high…

3 Likes

That’s an interesting idea!

1 Like

Maybe Glowforge will make a Pick and Place companion machine for cranking out cut designs en masse

There are different ways to make CO2 lasers more powerful and CNC faster, but like most things speed and power cost $$$$$$$. GF strengths are in their package and software at a price point consumer hobbyists can afford. Being what it is, it was never made for industrial/production use. The GF Pro, as @Dan put it, is made for a Maker space type environment, not constant commercial use. - Rich

6 Likes

Hey, by the way, @chrgeup, you really have been great on the forums since you joined. Thanks for all the contributions.

And I wonder what all that talent they are stacking up at HQ is going to do once version 1.0 ships. Surely some commercial grade laser is in store. Of course after they ship an amazing Glowforge for this first round.

7 Likes

I suspect if it’s like most deadlines we can hope they get a bit of a rest and recovery before diving in on something new.

3 Likes