Glowforge Interface - Tips & Tricks for Using the App 🤔

oh WOW… Thanks. this is required material!

You have earned a new BADGE …
You are my second favorite “Jules” now. (my dear, departed, Dad’s name- sorry , he will always be #1)

2 Likes

Thanks so much for all you help… questions… is there any way to delete 1st boo-boo files… also is there any way to name trace files?

Yep! Click on the upper right hand corner of a file in the Dashboard, there’s a little arrow hiding there. You can either delete or rename using it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Again… thanks! I thought the file needed to be opened to “rename” or “Delete” … figured I was really missing something… then it finally came to me to click the arrow on the block on the “dashboard”… thanks for your patience.

1 Like

Wanting to post a couple photos of projects completed… what user to I list to get it on the forum?

Is there a way to add artwork that’s already uploaded? I’m only seeing the ability to insert one image. If I want to add a circle around an image, I have to upload it again rather than selecting it from my uploaded images. Am I missing something?

If you have an SVG of a circle, you can drag and drop it over the bed image in the GFUI and have it added to that project. You can’t go back to the app landing page and pull something off of that once you’re on the bed image page.

2 Likes

In addition to drag and drop, you can also add additional elements to a file straight from the GUI. If you look at the top left corner there is an “Add Artwork” button. It’s right below the material identification button.

2 Likes

How does one determine the settings for a PG material and then override those settings? For example I want to use PG adhesive veneer back to back before engraving cutting. I will need to override the thickness to do that.

In the tutorial in the first post, you can follow the instructions where it says Set the Material Thickness.

You can use a similar Proofgrade material thickness settings, or you might need to adjust them. If you need to make changes to the Speed or Power being used, you can change them in the area where it says Enter Manual Settings. :slightly_smiling_face:

Will it “obey” the settings I enter or will it see the PG barcode and reset? (Do I need to remove the PG barcode)

Manual will over-ride the PG settings. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks, Jules!

1 Like

Super super useful, thank you!!!

1 Like

Is there a way to mirror a file in the GFUI? I’m on a mac…tried a few commands, ended up opening the find bar and minimizing my window instead.

Not that I’m aware of…I still mirror the file in Illustrator before saving it.

Ok thanks!

1 Like

Is it best to use auto focus for textile as it is hard to define a thickness? and are you guys aware of any tips and tricks on the settings to use or not to use for fabrics? I understand it is a matter of testing out, just wanted to understand some dos and don’ts in terms of setting.
Thank you

Search fabric settings and you should discover what others have posted. We are only allowed to discuss settings for non Proofgrade materials in the “Beyond the Manual” section. I believe using set focus is the way to go for almost all materials.

I like using a cardboard or thin plywood insert. If the fabric doesn’t fit snug or flat like it’s loose fabric for quilting or such, I use 3M or Loctite repositionable adhesive spray. Just a light spray on the cardboard or ply. Let it dry (it’ll be tacky. It’s enough to hold the fabric flat but won’t leave any residue when you pull the fabric off.

1 Like