Glowforge updates: the road to production

I’m sorry, I’m not very used to fora and English is not my first language, but I was trying to find out when GlowForge expects to ship. I’ve read a lot of posts bottom up and I’m not sure what this forum is about? I read things about wine, torpedo’s and glasses. Someone any idea when they ship or am I in the wrong forum?

2 Likes

If you ordered your glowforge during the crowdfunding campaign (Before October 25, 2015) then you should get a shipping notice by the end of this year (December 31, 2016).

If you ordered after October 25, 2015, you should see your machine before the end of March 2017.

5 Likes

Welcome! I’m sorry for your confusion. In this forum, you should read threads from the top-down, not from the bottom up. The first post in this thread says:

6 Likes

Great, so GlowForge is still on track. This is probably my first ever crowdfunding project that so close to actual shipping is still on track. A big thumbs up for GlowForge!

5 Likes

Reading top-down is 280 posts :slight_smile: And the post at the beginning is 4 months old, so I tried to find the updates in the last four months. Does your reaction mean that there are not any updates in the last 4 months? and we are just hoping that everything is just going ok? :confused:

3 Likes

Go to this thread for the latest update:

2 Likes

That top announcement post is the most recent “official” information.

(So we don’t have to read through all 280 posts…we’re a chatty bunch! Chuckle!)

3 Likes

There have been lots of small updates, and no announced change to the release schedule. You don’t have to read every post, but reading the first post in a thread will let you know if you want to go further into it.

That said, there is a lot of great information, inspiration, and knowledge here if you take the time to go deep into it.

Also, as you noticed, there are plenty of off-topic posts and humorous responses… some of which are inside jokes that you won’t really get unless you read the threads where they started.

(I just checked my stats, and it seems that I have read 55,500 posts here in the last 13 months)

4 Likes

55500 posts? that is impressive. I really like making stuff and reading in English is not really my hobby, so I was already intimidated by 280 :smile:

12 Likes

I understand completely. And although modern translation software is powerful, it is nowhere near perfect. I highly doubt that I would have read every post here if it were not written in my native language (or, you know, if I had more of a social life :unamused:)

FWIW, the language of your posts read very well. I would not have guessed that you are not a native english speaker if you had not mentioned it.

7 Likes

Als ik mijn reacties in het Nederlands zou schrijven had je het wel meteen gesnapt, maar niet meer kunnen lezen, dus vandaar dat ik dan toch maar mijn best doe om het in het Engels te schrijven. :yum:
But thank you for the complement. (also thanx to spell check)

12 Likes

bent u waarschijnlijk gelijk in!
Mijn luchtkussenboot zit vol paling. Proost!

lol. And for people reading bottom-up: latest news is that shipping starts at the end of the year. :wink:

2 Likes

Mooi :slight_smile:

Mocht je informatie zoeken, maar struikelen over dit Engelstalige forum, stuur me gerust een privé bericht en dan kan ik altijd helpen. Nederlands - Engels of vice-versa.

groeten van de Veluwe!

4 Likes

[quote=“dwardio, post:275, topic:2542”]
And of course the Mantis shrimp…
[/quote]

Here is a photo i took on a dive trip to Borneo.
Because of the ability of the Mantis Shrimp to punch through the hardened glass of my ‘rather’ expensive camera housing thus flooding the ‘even more rather’ expensive camera inside i did not go for the extreme close-up like i usually do!

Most crustaceans hide when they see us divers… not the Mantis Shrimp, they just sit there and wait (probably calculating whether we are worth the effort to murder)

19 Likes

I suppose this post should be marked with a “no longer relevant” sign.

I believe anyone that has been waiting for a year or more and bought the basic model should be updated to the deluxe model. It’s not right that we have to wait this long.

4 Likes

It is a way to turn the early believers into evangelists. I would say most of us that are still here are already evangelists, but it is difficult when you don’t have a laser after telling all your friends and family over a year ago. Think of the upgrade as advertising.

I recently upgraded from the basic to the pro. Do I get refunded for that?

2 Likes