** great scott ** 1.21gw

I was lucky, I put the solar in at the right time, when I had a big tax bill, so got a big tax credit, bought a plug in hybrid car, and saved $3000 a year on gas by charging the car with solar.

1 Like

I love the idea of charging an electric car with solar. Around here you have to do it with coal-fired electricity and that doesn’t seem like a great trade off from gasoline.

Stoopid Trivia:
The solar panels act like insulation (R53) because THEY absorb the heat / sun instead of your roof - You can include the cost of your new roof as part of the solar (on your taxes / incentives)
Depending on your eletric company, they offer you cash incentives for the solar, like they will buy your excess power, they will pay you for energy storage (if you get solar batteries), etc and yadda.

1 Like

Arizona gives us a max of a $1000 deduction for going solar. So I’m pretty sure the solar installation will max that out.

That su*ks :frowning: – you can apply for the federal tax credit and do the re-roof using that deduction. - but remember its a credit OFF your federal taxes, they ‘give’ you no money!

I oversized my solar, since I knew NVenergy only subsidize 80% - so the year before I purchased (always purchase, NEVER LEASE) my solar I used 120% power, and I ended with a ‘net zero’ house (I produce enough solar / I use enough power, at the end of the year its a (well close to) a zero percent usage - My average power bill is $16 (cost of being connected to the ‘grid’)))

2 Likes

Not too worried about the cost. I have a line on a roofer that my best friend here used and and it’s significantly less than some of the other roofers. And we just sold a rental home for way more than I would ever have thought to ask. About a year ago Zillow rated it @ $150k, refinanced for $99k. My renter wanted to buy and made an offer of $195k, very little repair to do, so grossed about $100k before repairs and sellers fees. So now we have money to reroof, add solar and a chunk oF change left for whatever. This was the ONLY upside to the pandemic. But it is a nice upside.

4 Likes

I love when I find $100k in the couch cushions

1 Like

The international patrons of my local brewery started a tradition of giving the owner paper money from all over the world. So now the walls are covered with foreign money.

One of the bills is a Hundred Trillion Dollar note. It’s real. One Hundred Trillion Dollars. From Zimbabwe. Last year the government of Zimbabwe offered $5 US for old 175 quadrillion Zimbabwe dollars.

Hoping your couch find is not Confederate money.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.