Has anyone successfully engraved a tablespoon?

I bought some cremark and sprayed the spoon & adjusted the settings and about half of my design goes on my spoons…on the software it looks great, i manually focus & it still does not fit. I know it has something to do with the glowforge is probably confused because i just have a spoon laying on the tray…any help would be appreciated!!

1 Like

Can you share a screenshot of what the interface shows and what the result was?

1 Like

People have - I believe the general go to is to manually set your focus to halfway down the bowl of the spoon instead of trying to Set Focus.

Eg.

2 Likes

When I do it I use a grid based system and do not pay any mind to the interface.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Grid based system? I’m interested lol

https://community.glowforge.com/t/reinsertable-grid-file-and-tutorial/93366?u=mydogsthinkimcrazy

3 Likes

Hi @honeyhillfarmer. I saw that you were trying to get some advice to help engrave a tablespoon. I see that you’ve been getting some great tips from fellow Glowforge owners. Since this is occurring with a non-Proofgrade material, I am going to move this thread to so you can keep it open continue the discussion. Thank you!

So I recently tried it with Dry moly Lube (the cheaper version of Cermark) and I’ve found that you MUST to multiple layers, and will want to do 2 passes. Otherwise you more then likely won’t get the results you are hoping for.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.