Hello World! Meet Emmet, my new Glowforge!

It is. I described it exactly as @jamingaroutte did, though… Almost exactly as loud as a common household vacuum cleaner. Mine’s in a tiny little room and I’ve definitely been able to have conversation in there while cutting.

5 Likes

Enjoyed the read… makes me even more excited for mine. I write for a living, so you may have competition for story-length when mine arrives :slight_smile: I tend to document EVERYTHING when I start a project, and it looks like you do, too. Enjoy the machine… and please do keep sharing your results.

5 Likes

Mine say overnight before I got around to unboxing so you’re faster than I was.

For loudness it is easy to handle during a working session, but I turn mine off at other times. I find it an annoying white noise if I’m not actively using or about to use it.

Congratulations.

3 Likes

…and I shall call it Emmet.

13 Likes

I’m noticing that you and I have more and more in common all the time! :grinning:…my laser pantry is about 7’x7’…and some of that is taken up by shelving! We can converse in there while it’s running, too…albeit more loudly. I’m really pleased that that little room ended up being the home of the Glowforge, as it’s the furthest back in the house and does not interfere with other people activities.

5 Likes

Congrats! I thoroughly enjoyed the entire post–I sat here with a sleeping Baby Isaac taking up one arm and living vicariously through your unboxing.

10 Likes

Congrats!!

9 Likes

@rpegg Yeah, I’m sure they’d appreciate that… Too bad they already got a LONG rant from me on one particular issue. Kudos to them though, they responded quickly and very graciously

To be honest, I won’t post quite so much on anything else—this was just for the “It’s finally here” excitement.

@jktechwriter I can’t wait to read it—hopefully sooner rather than later!

2 Likes

Congratulations on your new home, Emmet!

5 Likes

Mine is in what is referred to as a breakfast nook. Always been too small for us to use as that. We’ve spent more time in there in the last month than we probably have in the 12 years we’ve lived here. :wink:

11 Likes

This is what I imagine you doing every time you release another unit into the wild.

23 Likes

Squeeeeeeee! :grin:

2 Likes

I imagine angry Dan every time pictures show up of how UPS treated those very same units.

6 Likes