Hey Dan... a suggestion

Cut vector PDF files from top left to right, this will save time and money.

To those who are still waiting: It took me 5 days to pay off my GlowForge along with a nice small chunk of $$ for the beer fund, it’s bumpy (software fault) but worth it.

15 Likes

Man I’m so glad to hear you’re liking it!

2 Likes

I have been a vocal critic of GlowForge, but this American made machine is the start of something special.

10 Likes

Yeah it is! I’ve been cutting leather and other products all day and having a blast. I don’t want to go to sleep.

Keep posting stuff you’ve made!

5 Likes

Thanks for the feedback - do you mean because the travel time isn’t as far?

Really happy you’re having such success. I have no idea what that design is but I’m delighted it’s making money for you!

3 Likes

When I cut this it cuts scattered. It would be great if the software could begin cutting from the top left to the lower right in order and sequence.

Having them cut scattered takes up time.

2 Likes

Ah. We do have optimized motion planning in the hopper. But you’d be surprised how little difference it makes. The improvement from our current approach to a fully optimized one is single-digit percents. It’s not nothing, but it’s not as much as it seems when you’re clenching your fists in annoyance about it zigzagging all over the board… not that I have any experience with this. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Interesting… thank you Dan

Whaaaaat?

5 Likes

I would also like to know how that worked out.

1 Like

What is that design if I may ask?:grin:

6 Likes

There’s actually very good reason to allow the laser head to zip all over the place at random…

Too much heat concentration in one area can warp the material, particularly plastics, and especially thin plastics.

Lessons learned from plasma and laser cutting steel.

14 Likes

Anyone have some tips about setting prices for :glowforge:-created items?

One of my favorite movies!

Aye, a great flick!

Indeed, enquiring minds want to know!