Hobbit Hole #homemade

Mine took awhile, but finally posting! This was perfect for my brother-in-law’s birthday…thank you! I changed up the design a bit, and made it fully enclosed so I could put a solar light in it to light up those cute little windows. Also scaled it up…the door is 3” high.

Made something to match it for my sister’s birthday too…I’ll post that in a bit. :blush:

13 Likes

I love your mods! You need to take a nighttime photo—would love to see the windows lit.

I actually was on the edge of ordering solar lights for mine back when I made it, had them all picked out and in my cart. But then I looked over the install location and realized that the street light just across the street would totally swamp any light coming from my tiny display, so I scrapped it.

(Oh, and now I know your Instagram handle :smile:).

3 Likes

Yes! I was glad you used the same profile pic so I could find and tag you! :grinning:

Here it is lit up…they aren’t super bright, but give it a little glow. I’m hoping the one in my sister’s hasn’t gone bad…last night in my kitchen it was flickering so much it looked like Snow White was throwing a dance party. :laughing:

6 Likes

Adorable!

3 Likes

Awesome door / lights!!! Looks great!

2 Likes

So freaking cute!! Thanks my kids will be so surprised when I lead them to “find” this lil hobbit hole…

1 Like

That is so awesome of you! I love Hobbits.

2 Likes

Gah!!! That is so cute! I love it!!!

1 Like