Honeycomb bed holdown pins

First post in the thread. (Click on the title at the top of the screen to jump to the top post.) :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

These tips are a godsend for me!!! Thank you!!

4 Likes

Thank You eljefe4.

Hernan

I just made some of these. They work great. Thanks.

4 Likes

They are great for when you have small pieces of proofgrade scrap, too. I’ve got a nearly full container that keeps getting more.

5 Likes

Please pardon the moderator edit - this design is so useful I’ve pointed people to it many times, and I added the photo from your other post to make it more clear what these are and what they do. Thank you again for the outstanding design!

18 Likes

New Glowforge here - just wanted to say thank you SO much for these! I’m using some very bendy wood that was giving me fits, but now that I’ve got a pile of these beauties I’ll be in business! Thank you for sharing!

8 Likes

Welcome to the forum. You are way ahead of the game if you found your way to the honeycomb pins and realize how valuable they are.

9 Likes

I found it entirely by happy accident, and I’m SO grateful!

4 Likes

Okay, these were helpful on the Glowforge, but resized to twice as big, I can use them on my new Thunder Laser Nova 51 honeycomb! Awesome. Thanks again!

4 Likes

This absolutely has saved my work! I had ruined so many leather earrings before I searched for this!!! I used left iver draft wood! Thanks sooo much!!!

4 Likes

thank you i use them every cut pretty much now

4 Likes

I cut a few of them but they are too big for the holes. I need to resize them but not sure of the measurements?

They cut perfectly as the file is supplied. Try turning them 90º - the holes in the bed are not square.

1 Like

I used 1/4” should it be 1/8” board?

Yes. That was not stated in the original post, so an easy oversight. Most people use leftover scraps of the 1/8" (“Medium”) proofgrade draftboard.

7 Likes

I just made some out of my tiny acrylic scraps. I should have done it a long time ago—they’re so colorful! :blush:

10 Likes

Does red or green work better? :wink:

2 Likes

Oooh. That’s a fun idea. I’ll have to see what scraps I’ve got lying around.

1 Like

I haven’t really used them enough yet to know. :wink:

3 Likes