How To Get Perfectly Fitting Inlay + Laser Wood Art

I agree with that - kudos for the effort and there is a wide audience for video tutorials.

I just prefer written articles.

2 Likes

Great work! As someone who has made tons of cooking videos on YouTube and put the recipes/techniques in written blog format, I concluded that trying to make everyone happy is difficult! Plus making YouTube happy is difficult and figuring out the YouTube SEO is not a picnic. Then come to find out that there are some people who genuinely want to learn from the videos and some who simply want to be entertained. It is finding and focussing on those who want to learn is the trick as they will be the ones who make for good traffic and subscribers and lead to good monetization. Focus! Focus on your core audience. Be genuine and make interesting things. You will get there.

Keep going! I subscribed. I want to see that box with the top that turns and locks.

5 Likes

Here’s an example of a content creator that mixes both formats. I’ve followed this guy for a while. https://logosbynick.com/inkscape-pattern-along-path/

2 Likes

Many thanks, Just you wait it’s coming. I’m currently updating the desing a little as i’m going to be using some real gears instead of some finger shaped things, and just you wait and see the puzzle box videos :wink:

Once again thanks, I know I need to focus but I really want to help out the best I can to as many as I can. I might not be able / have the time to do it yet but maybe in the future, I can make a video for those who want to learn from video and a decent write up with good image documentation.

Both formats have their value, but videos make poor reference material. I like watching a video to learn something the first time, but going back to it is too time consuming. I can scan a document in seconds, jumping back and forth in a video to find one technique is very frustrating.

2 Likes

Funny how many times said video could have been watched in the time it took to post multiple times about how much one doesn’t want to watch said video (assuming it takes too much time) someone was nice enough to post to share when he didn’t have to without also providing Cliff Notes. LORDY people Thanks @Maker_Tales for the share.

2 Likes

There were several comments from people who thanked him for his effort even if it wasn’t their preferred method of learning…and who were providing polite feedback to his post.

3 Likes

Hey @rubbersoul79 Thank you and i’m glad you enjoyed it. I’m not taken a back form those who don’t feel like watching. I understand that everyone learns differently, at different speeds and have preferred formats. In fact, i’m quick interested to learn the differences in everyone’s points of views.

As @Xabbess mentioned no one here has been Hyper critical and posted anything nasty. I’ve even encouraged to speak on about there point of view so that I could learn in more detail about there angel.

Long and the short of it I appreciate everyone time even if it’s just to read the post and see the images. Plus I gather that if they’re talking about only the format of the information I’ve and not a lack of information. I see that as a positive.

As @travellingtechie said a video can be quick “frustrating” going back and forth through it as a learning material to find specific techniques within it.

Anyway, thank you Rubbersoul79
and thank you everyone ells for the input be it on the media or the content.

3 Likes