How to properly dispose of a Glowforge

I spoke with Glowforge and they gave me the option of sending it back to have them assess the damage and give a repair estimate or just call it a total wreck. But I’d have to pay for shipping $100 each way. I’ll get you more pics and message them to you. I still have to clean it out first. I’ll be in touch.

2 Likes

$100 seems like a small price to pay for something so expensive / valuable!

1 Like

it’s $100 each way.

fwiw, i believe there was another user here who had a fire and was offered a reduced price refurbished unit to replace it. i don’t remember if they said what the cost was, but you may be able to find that post (or just ask the GF folks about it) if it’s something that would interest you.

3 Likes

That’s way better than the $700 + I’m looking at for a warranty replacement. I’m in the USVI…

3 Likes

It’s only $100 to get it to them. From there it’ll be more expensive, but to me $100 is worth it for them to take a look and see.

1 Like

I’ll give you $100 for the shipping if you send it to me. :wink:

4 Likes

Which while $700 sucks you are in the virgin islands… I mean it’s 19 with winds ~50mph gusts here so not too much sympathy…

7 Likes

Ugh. The WIND. This winter in MA is wonky. Can’t we just get a normal couple of inches of snow (not topped by freezing rain) and call it a day?

1 Like

Seriously. I don’t mind snow by itself, but each snowstorm followed by .25" of freezing rain just sucks… The snowblower can barely lift the stuff, and the trails at the barn are lethal (I try them with YakTrax but they are still super slippery)

1 Like

Sorry but it’s 77 and I’m wearing a quilted flannel jacket along with a feather comforter at night. Freezing is a relative concept :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Three thoughts run though my head - that would be devastating, I’m glad the fire was contained, and that had to have smelled horrible.

And +1 on wanting to know what the tape was that you used…

Since I don’t blow dry my hair, it turns hard as a rock when I step outside. That’s freezing. You’re just a bit chilly. :wink: Come for a visit… we’ll make sure you feel toasty warm when you return home!

2 Likes

Sent you a msg just wondering if you got it?

Lows for the first week of March are supposed to be below zero (Fahrenheit). A record amount of snow in February delivered a few inches at a time every three days. In San Francisco two weeks ago, highs maybe 50 and patchy rain. The natives were all, it’s cold, I was, this is beautiful.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.