I Am A Stick

The 1/16" wood I’ve cut doesn’t blow away. It’s heavier than chipboard.

1 Like

That’s good to know. If I like the quality I might buy their 1/16th. The remnant I bought are thinner though. I think it said 0.025in or something. I saw a video of them lasering their own sheets in an epilog or other machine, and the cut bits were blowing everywhere.

Poor/frugal man’s seklema mat: a sheet of draftboard sprayed with Krylon Easy Tack.
Bonus: no need mask material back to avoid flashback. Works very nicely for paper, fabric, EVA foam, veneer, anything light.

4 Likes

Nice! I’ll have to try it. Adhesives make me nervous. The 3m backing on the veneer that came in the glowforge starter pack is like cement. Made a mistake in placement and had to break apart the veneer to remove it

1 Like

So true, I think GF uses the same adhesive as the Toastmade veneer skins and those are impossible to remove without destroying them.
The Krylon Easy Tack super light tack though :slight_smile: nothing remotely permanent about it.

1 Like

It’s VHB. Industrial line of all-weather adhesive tape used in everything from auto and electronics assembly to construction to appliances. It’s generally meant to be permanent.

2 Likes

When I have something I want to hold less than permanently, I think back to when I wanted it permanent and found that fingerprints made it less permanent :roll_eyes:
So if I want the tack to be lighter I put my hands all over it and Voila, It is not as sticky

3 Likes

I also have used Cards of Wood - have a selection of different woods and have been happy with the results. I particularly like to mix engraving with cut outs.

4 Likes

Just got my first Cards of Wood order in, I think the word “remnants” is misleading, these look great!

4 Likes

Those rare occasions where expectations are exceeded are such gems these days.

3 Likes