I don't need no 3D Printer?

I find that I am usually looking for useful things to 3D print. A friend who has one would probably be happy to print any useful item :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I had a customer last month asking for some custom embroidered patches for their work-shirts. Apparently there is no longer anyone in town who does it. I may be hitting you up for a price-estimate the next time they come by.

8 Likes

Sounds good to me and I appreciate it

7 Likes

I love this… made my day =)

11 Likes

What did you get for an embroidery machine? I’ll probably pick one up in the next year or two. Still trying to decide the right model for my needs.

2 Likes

I know the question wasnt meant for me, but I got my GF one of these 2 years ago for christmas and she loves it:

7 Likes

You mean your other GF, right? 'Cause you haven’t had your REAL GF for 2 years.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

6 Likes

Yeah I have 2 GFs now. Its a strange love triangle. The 2 GFs are currently making foam armor together right now…

26 Likes

Hahaha! Ménage à trois
Best laugh of the day. Thanks for that!

So from the enthusiasm in your posts, I take it you are happy that you waited?

8 Likes

I got the brother PE-770

6 Likes

oooo jealous I am!

2 Likes

Im definitely enjoying it. The wait was long but worth it. Im trying to go through the features one by one, starting with the more basic stuff first. So far its been going great! This morning I got a little frustrated but before I even had a chance to notify the gf staff, my issue was alleviated.

Cant wait to try more materials and combinations thereof!

8 Likes

Do you have any design software to recommend?

1 Like

ummm not sure on that front. embrodiery software is expensive! a friend of ours has a brother too and we get them to use their expensive software to make the files for us. Ill have to check with my girlfriend on that one… I want to say its something to do with a bird

2 Likes

I would appreciate any input on that front, so many choices and all are expensive

Edit: sorry if you read that before I corrected to I would appreciate, seemed extremely rude the other way lol

Our makerspace had one of these, but nobody knew what to do with it. My wife is a quilter, and I’m willing to play with any sort of software, so we taught ourselves to use it. We were really impressed by what a $300 machine can do.

Even more fun was teaching classes and helping other makers use it! :smile:

4 Likes

Whoa. Just… whoa.

So your saying they’re pretty cool and useful then?

Hehe… jk. But seriously, your design skills are what seem amazing on that list. Wow

Embird? That’s one I got a trial of but haven’t done much with.

I have the Brother ULT 2002DT - love it, but wish I had a newer model (I got this one years ago - uses 3½ floppies instead of USB.

Of course I bought the “D” version as it is Disney ! This pic is a stock one - not my actual machine(but is same make/model)-fyi

16 Likes

We have (will I should say- My wife has…) a Brother SE400. She love it. I love it cause its a CNC.
CNC all the things.

15 Likes