I need some help with Inkscape

I’m about to pull my hair out. I’ve done it a 3rd time in inkscape flawlessly, and still the dxf is janky on the curves.

I went and loaded up fusion 360, and while sketching feels alright, breaking lines is super nice. Problem is that the ui takes up a majority of the screen. Setting guides for measurements was a bit of a struggle, not being behind an autodesk app for several years. It however did pop out a good, non janky dxf file. I dont think the curves in the dxf are as rounded as the inkscape version, i think i can make due with it.

Sounds like it’s exporting curves as poly lines.

At least it prints out a dxf that doesn’t have a diagonal line go through the thing crosswise

Thank you all for the help! I’m set for converting all the svg i needed into dxf to use on another laser. With the GF this should all be less complicated–and that’s a nice thought, but with your guys’ assistance i earned enough xp to level up! (That is to say, doing complicated stuff is good experience, and i learned quite a bit, now i am much more formidable; bwahaha ha hahah hah)

1 Like

Wow. @polarbrainfreeze, thanks for helping out like this - really cool to see such expertise at work!

2 Likes

No need for thanks. I’ve been helped several times by others in this community. I’m sure I’m going to have questions in the future about other things, and this is likely the first place I’ll come to ask them. It’s nice that we all help each other move forward.

5 Likes