Ideas for outside signage - need help

Is each one a different text? How much repetition? Could always do a stencil and spray paint then do a good coat of the Spar. Engraving that many signs just doesn’t seem time efficient.

How polished and professional do they need to be? Meaning, would a rustic look be ok or does it have to look manufactured? Hard to describe that aesthetic that I’m trying to imagine. Sometimes the home made look is just perfect, but it isn’t perfect, you know?

3 Likes

So many ideas and suggestions! Thanks!
Each will have same text but customization for name and registration number available. Like the professional and homogeneous look achieved with the laser. I want to play with scoring today to see what kind of look I can achieve.
For those who want a non-wood (plastic) option I can get these printed for under a buck. The hole pattern not what I’m looking for but hey can’t have everything. These they would have to customize with a sharpie or I can do vinyl.
https://www.4allpromos.com/product/high-impact-ad-plate-20-mil

Think I’ll swing by a big box today and see what they have.

Interesting finish idea: spar urethane + teak oil

4 Likes

I did only 30 plant signs for a garden and used slate. That would probably be cost prohibitive for you, but they are bulletproof in the weather.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.