Introducing Snapmark (September 2018)

Works great too! :grinning:

Some mirrored acrylic tiles:
(Images added after the fact and snapped into position…just align it to the Preview.)

IMG_5245

9 Likes

Sure could use it.

2 Likes

THANKS @bonny! Keeping the edits that were added to the snapmarks file in the GFUI is FANTASTIC.

(Finally got Snapmarks to work and now it’s already working better? I’ll take it!)

1 Like

My new “wind down from work” activity is coloring triskele(s). (What’s the plural of triskele?) With Snapmarks, they’re a breeze to make! I’m planning to make a stack for the waiting room at work. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Once my head comes up out of the water a bit, I am REALLY looking forward to trying out the triskeles (or whatever their plural form is).

2 Likes

How 'bout Triskelini?

1 Like

I like it!

1 Like

sounds like pasta.

I’ll have some triskelini bolognese please!

4 Likes

That sounds pretty good. :smile:

2 Likes

Exactly, I’ve been cutting and etching .22" thick acrylic lately which isn’t exactly cheap material. Misaligned cuts are extremely frustrating.

Like Rotini but a three point extrusion?

4 Likes

Sounds loke a good feature. Can’t see it on mine… sadly :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Is it possible to receive the snapmark feature on my machine please?

2 Likes

Any chance I can get in on the trial period? Main reason I purchased the Pro model was for a function like this.

The beta testers this time are being determined by certain metrics on our machines that we can’t see.

Dan discusses it here:

In other words…total chance. But the odds of getting picked are increasing as they roll it out to more and more machines, so good luck and keep your fingers crossed. :four_leaf_clover: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Leaves me feeling I probably have the hardest machine. (Would be my luck.)

3 Likes

But I neeeed it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So, first time I tried to use the Snapmarks it seemed to work well, but the second time I tried it told me everything was fine, but started printing WAAAAY off to the side onto the honeycomb. I’ve tried moving things around and re-aligning, but it is always looking “crooked” and way off. Any ides what I’m doing wrong? Already double-check that I’m saving in plain SVG from Inkscape, and the size of the snapmarks matches the size mentioned earlier in the thread.

1 Like

One thing you can always do to check before you attempt an engrave is to just lightly score the Snapmarks first, to see if they fall on the original ones. That doesn’t look like it was even close.

First, take the tiles out and let the design snap into place using just the jig on the bed. Make sure to use the jig thickness for the snapping. Test the alignment with the light score of the marks. Then carefully place the tiles in the holes without moving the jig, and make sure that you have set the correct thickness for the Engraving step (only) to match the thickness of the tiles.

You either need to make sure that the jig surface is at about the same height above the tray as the engraving surface of the material, or do some manual overrides for the focal point in the engraves.

There’s a write up on it here:

4 Likes

Sounds like something to do over the weekend…

1 Like