Is Glowforge a con?

Ah-- that. Yeah, that was never realistic and always subject to change. Certainly, in the crowdfunding new-product context, I expected it to be up to 2 years late.

2 Likes

BTW: Left hand grandkid might have just possessed my soul with those eyes. :wink:

As Dan said; Adorable!!

1 Like

It’s my opinion the marketing promo video and their original anticipated dates would have led a reasonable person to believe it would be less than roughly 3 years to ship to Canada. Based on my background I considered shipping beta units in December, and customer units in first half of 2016 to be decidedly optimistic, however, I did not suspect it would take as long as it did. Heck, I remember rpegg stating he didn’t think it would take this long and his career was in DoD projects - if someone used to defense projects didn’t think it would take as long as it did I consider myself to be in good company. I think my machine, is great and was worth my wait, but to still not have it and to be angry it was just pushed a few more months isn’t wrong.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. Each year I say to myself “maybe by Christmas”. Sigh.

1 Like

I thing the company is fake they collect money but in bank get interest then after 3 years they say we can refund I am promised in may now it is November and no one answer the phone or email

If the company is fake, are the rest of us fake too? If you believe the company is fake, why haven’t you gotten a refund yet?

I’m sorry, did you send a refund request to support@glowforge.com and have not heard back from them yet?

If so, send another email to them and have them follow up.

Sometimes emails get lost, but if you have requested a refund and have not gotten the money within a couple of weeks, you need to contact them again. It shouldn’t take more than 10 business days.

2 Likes

I can understand your being tired of waiting, but there are too many of us enjoying this machine for it to be a scam.
I am aware that saying this does not eliminate your frustration any.
Unfortunately, waiting it out or asking for a refund are the only two options open to you.

1 Like