Is it possible to engrave guns?

At one time there was a Facebook group only dedicated to lasering firearms. I was a member. I just logged onto Facebook and I no longer see the group.

I would try try different social media platforms. YouTube, Instagram, Reddit, etc. if you are planning on this project I would make a jig so your firearm sits nicely and does not move in the honeycomb tray. Remove all ammo and throughly clean your firearm before lasering.

I have two huge Champion safes filled with rifles and handguns and I have never lasered any of them. I have seen some very beautiful AR magazines that were lasered . This husband and wife team also had a $37,000 laser machine.

Keep in touch with me through a private chat because I would love to see your artistry. Also I am a woman. So many people think I’m a man because of my forum name. That is the name of my West Highland White Terrier.

2 Likes

The 226 comes with multiple finishes, which is yours?

You can’t actually engrave metal, but you can remove coatings (anodization) or add one with a metal marking material like Cermark, which is similar to cerakote.

2 Likes

Mine has the black finish.

1 Like

I don’t know how Sig treats their metal but this was the best I could come up with on my EDC G43. It’s OK in the right lighting but it’s not really all that visible otherwise. Two passes, 500/FULL (pro)/340LPI.

5 Likes

no will not etch the metal , You can use “CerMark” which will leave nice marking but it is not permanent. Engraving ,machines capable of truly engraving gun slides put you in 30 grand areaa

no

if your going to get into gun engraving business you should obtain an FFL you may get into shipping and receiving guns