Is there anything as good as a can of compressed air?

Yeah I have a k9-II dryer. It’s mighty

2 Likes

I have one of those plug-in dusters @shop linked for getting stuff out of computers. It seems to be about equivalent to normal canned air. I keep a can of TechSpray or BlowOff around for when I want more pressure or more convenience. Consumption of the canned stuff went down to a can every year or so with the addition of the plug-in duster.

Is there anything as good as a can of compressed air?

A nice cold beer on a sunny afternoon. Cheers!

I use this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0827MK2PD

2 Likes

This immediately brought a vision to mind of serving your guests out on a deck or a patio…handing a cold beer to one and a can of compressed air to another. Silly!

4 Likes

Or, a pivoting dispenser. Tap your button, the turret pivots to your location, and shoots you a cold one using compressed air.

3 Likes

I see an entire derailment coming here… :rofl:

3 Likes

Not the first derailment :stuck_out_tongue: we have had here!

I use the OPOLAR Rechargeable Air Duster & it works well. I’ve had it now for about 6 months. I believe I got it on Amazon for about $58

you can get a water trap for the output of the compressor. I have always run a compressor with a water trap. Mostly because I bought my first compressor in Florida. :slight_smile:

1 Like

i’m getting old and my reflexes, while still good enough to play goalie, may not be what they used to be. plus i don’t like my beers to explode in my face when i open them.

you just need to train Rio to open the fridge and bring you a beer.

3 Likes

I use the OPOLAR Rechargeable Air Duster & it works well. I’ve had it now for about 6 months. I believe I got it on Amazon for about $58

how well does it blast soot from the fans on the Glowforge?
That is my litmus test.

Thanks!

Jonathan

PS: the Opolar is listed as 66 CFM

66 CFM really depends on the size of the tube you’re pushing it through…

1 Like

I have the Opolar one too. It does not get soot off the fans nearly as well as a can of air. Doesn’t pack the same punch.

My OPOLAR works great on the soot. But keep in mind you can’t clean all the soot off your fan with just the OPOLAR. The same goes for canned air. The OPOLAR works just as well or better than canned air. There is some give & take, for example the OPOLAR may not give you that sudden burst of air but the OPOLAR will not freeze over like canned air & you don’t run out of air with the OPOLAR if you keep it charged.

Thanks to everyone’s info and opinions, I ended up buying THIS

Thanks to you all!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.