It ain't no Fossil

Great write up. Wish I was brave enough to try leather. The bag is awesome and turned out fantastic.

4 Likes

I was thinking about this as I was busily stitching away. I remember @geek2nurse making a comment about this when she was stitching her plague doctor mask together (I think that was it) that her fingers ended up feeling like claws. I had no problems at all, so I think that might be because I measured the actual size of the needle to make the hole sizes…and if your holes aren’t too small, they won’t make stitching so difficult.

2 Likes

wow that is amazing.

I have been trying to get my daughters to wrap their heads around what they could do with Beamer. This might be just the trick!

4 Likes

It wasn’t the needles so much as holding the leather pieces together while I stitched flat pieces into curved shapes. It made my hands all crampy after a while!

4 Likes

Ah…OK. I understand…I get it. I had some of that to deal with as well…the body of this bag is curved along the bottom…the gussets are not. Even though a stitching pony was a big help, I did indeed become a contortionist trying to sew those parts together…and it was the most difficult part of the entire assembly.

2 Likes

Exceptional! So happy for you to complete such an awesome project! It looks awesome!!!

2 Likes

It’s beautiful! So many intricate little details :heart:

If you have a sewing machine - keep in mind that (with some testing) you can set the length of your stitch to match the holes and use the machine to sew the large seams - you’ll still have to hand stitch to get the tight corners and the like but it can save you a bunch of time. With an all metal machine you can do it straight through the leather, but it’s tough on the workings!

2 Likes

Thank you…and thanks for the tips…always appreciated. Surprisingly, it didn’t take as long as I thought it might to hand stitch the entire thing. And, except for the ‘contortionist’ parts, I quite enjoyed doing it. I have what seems like all the time in the world…being isolated, being retired and all.

2 Likes

NIce job! The purse is top notch!

2 Likes

I love it. Almost makes me want to try leather. Almost.

2 Likes

Doooo iiiiit!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.