Wonder how easy it would be. Very.

16 Likes

Don’t get the wrong end.

10 Likes

Or if you do, share a video!

7 Likes

How did you align the text with the match so perfectly? :sunglasses:

1 Like

Just made a rectangle match size ( or anything for that matter) had rectangle and type on Inkscape file, alternate cutting out rectangle (1/8 ply) ignoring type,drop match into cut then engrave and ignore cut.

5 Likes

You are braver than I (or much better at tie-down and alignment - or both)!

@nebfive: So, are you going to sell those on Etsy!? :sunglasses:

Brings to mind @Jules amazing feat—which I still don’t completely believe! @Jules clearly is a PhotoShop expert as well as a Glowforge wizard! :smile:

Tell us @Jules! How many tries did it take—and did you use a template? :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hit it first try, but I was doing five at a time, and only four worked. (One grain of rice blew loose.)

No jig, just taped down to the grid with double sided tape. :wink:

4 Likes

Haven’t set up an Etsy store as of yet. Have you?

@nebfiv: Nope, but if YOU do then you need to decide if you’re gonna’ custom engrave all four sides of each match stick? I’m thinkin’ that cigar aficionados will want those as a cool way to light their and/or their friend’s smokes! :smile:

Maybe haiku matchsticks? In which case you may need a poet to help you—unless you are so inclined?

I might be your Etsy customer—except for the fact that I have a Glowforge and you just gave away all of your secrets! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Ha, have fun

This match has some words
written by a beam of fire.
They shall burn once more.

7 Likes

So you can burn a match twice…:thinking:

3 Likes