Keyhole Hangers

This is perfect for some slate slabs that I am engraving as gifts. I want to be able to have the engraved slabs be used in multiple ways. I put 2 layers of 1/8 thick circles in each corner. Then if hung on the wall, it hangs perfectly flat with floating effect all the way around. The circles at the corner allow it to be used as a trivet for hot plates when serving. I also included a simple slide together easel so it could be displayed on a table.

Thanks for the easy idea for the keyhole hanger. It and the corner feet make me feel good about saving all the little scraps of :proofgrade: ply i’ve been hoarding.

1 Like

Thanks Buddy !!

I really love how they make the art feel like its floating off the wall !!

10 Likes

Great idea of making them circles and dual-purpose for your needs!

Anytime! Glad they were of use! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve been meaning to tell you for a while that I’ve used your design several times now. Thanks again for posting this.

4 Likes

I don’t see the SVG is this still available?

1 Like

It’s right below the photo in the top post. Right click and save as SVG. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you! This is perfect for my project (a standoff lighted sign). I came here before reinventing the wheel and this was exactly what I needed.

1 Like

Look forward to seeing what you have made! Welcome to the group!

thank you

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this!

1 Like

Very useful

1 Like

Omg! I needed this so bad, thank you!

1 Like

IT SAYS HERE IS THE SVG BUT U PRESS ON IT AND NOTHING HAPPENS I COULD REALLY USE THING BUT IT WONT LET ME DOWNLOAD IT .

1. List item

Right-click with your mouse and “save image as”. It works in Chrome but I’m not certain about IE or Safari.

I HAVE CROME BUT I SAVED IT BUT IT WONT UPLOAD IN GF FOR NOTHING IVE BEEN TRYING FOR OVER AN HOUR AND NOTHING HAPPENS.

:grinning:

Did it save as an SVG?

Right click the mouse when the pointer is on top of the drawing I’ve circled in the screenshot of the original post.

If you’re on Chrome the right-click will popup a window that has a “save image as…” option. That should download the file as an SVG.

I just did it and it downloaded fine. I then opened up the GF app page, clicked Create, selected from a file and picked the download file and it loaded & is ready to go once I enter settings.

4 Likes

Great idea! Thanks so much!

Blockquote

That’s a great design. Any chance there’s a file for the cleat?

1 Like

Those were scrap cutouts, since, I just drew pairs of small rectangles that I could cut from scraps.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this. I’ve been using it over and over! Great use for leftover wood too.

1 Like