Laser Cut Fabric Shapes for my Artwork

I use these to create fiber art, Check out my work at:
https://www.valeriegoodwinart.com/laser-cut-maps-1

Wpuld love to hear from others if they use the Glowforge in a similar fashion!

Valerie

21 Likes

It’s downright mean to not post those here, I clicked through thinking “I’m sure I’ve seen something like this before” and I was very much incorrect.

You should post more of your work for sure. Very interesting direction you’ve gone.

10 Likes

Welcome to the forum.
Your artwork is stunning. Love the aerial perspective.

4 Likes

Oh wow, that’s amazing. Welcome!!

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum. It looks like you have found a wonderful way for your :glowforge: to help you create your art pieces. You are very creative. Please share some of the finished pieces on here.

2 Likes

Your maps are gorgeous!

@MyDogsThinkImCrazy engraves on fiber all the time. @jules did some cutting on one of the pre-production units

This search may be quite interesting for you to dig through :slight_smile:
https://community.glowforge.com/search?q=fabric%20in:first%20with:images

4 Likes

Wow! That must take an incredible amount of time and patience. And such great detail. Don’t think my ADHD would let me make anything like oh look! A squirrel!

2 Likes

That’s fabulous! I’m not using the GF for my fiber, but instead made a quilting template to help folks like me visualize their block designs. Comes with 54 pieces (and I’m sure I’ll be adding a few more) to make an 8" block. And when you’re done with it, give it to the kids to use as a puzzle!

10 Likes

Awesome work!

2 Likes

[Checks out the website…] Maps! I love maps! Can never look at them enough. And now they come in quilt, OMG, I’m in heaven.

These are gorgeous. With the shapes and background colors, some of them look just like a hand-drawn batik. From the photos, I would not have known they were laser cut, if I hadn’t seen the video.

5 Likes

That’s pretty smart. Scraps, here I come…

4 Likes

I can’t seem to find any videos or settings for cutting fabric. Can someone point me in the right direction, please?

From up above:

3 Likes

If you use the search function/ fabric cutting you will find lots of threads. Here is one: Cutting Fabric with a Seklema Mat

4 Likes

Thanks Deirdre!

2 Likes

Love it, very interesting art, and a great use of the GlowForge.

3 Likes

I’m fascinated by what your are doing. Love it!!!

1 Like