Laser cut new year's card

Thank you! It’s all about the muscle memory, practice is key!

I believe I have downloaded a few of them! I follow her on instagram and get mesmerized by the videos she posts! :joy:

1 Like

You just picked up a new follower on IG!

1 Like

Ditto @cynd11! Just followed you on Instagram as well—I told myself when I invested in a Glowforge I was gonna spend more time doing lettering and calligraphy for stuff like this but alas, time has completely slipped away. (I teach typography and LOVE letters, but my “analog” skills are… lacking).

This turned out awesome! Guess I know what my New Year’s Resolution is (and no sense in waiting 'til then to pick it back up)!

5 Likes

That’s just marvelous!

2 Likes

No joke!
heh… to learn pinstripe painting from a master (different from calligraphy, but with certain fundamental similarities) I was told that you should start learning by painting a single vertical stroke. Then paint another as close as you can (without touching). Repeat 1,000 times.
Now you are ready to move on to the horizontal stroke…
After practicing basic 10 shapes you would have laid down 10,000 strokes, and would be ready to begin an apprenticeship (ie: watching the master, mixing paint, and cleaning brushes).

8 Likes

These are stunning! I used to be a professional calligrapher and you have some serious style!

5 Likes

Outstanding!!!

Beautiful! But you make want to obfuscate Louise’s last name and street address. This is the internet after all. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the kind words!

Oh, good! I’ll cease my stalking attempt now then, I guess. :wink:

3 Likes

What settings did you use for the Mirri stock?

I made this on a makerspace 100watt laser cutter not the Glowforge so the settings would be different. Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful!

1 Like