Laser cut on silicone

Those look really thin. I bet it would go through them like butter. That makes me wonder… maybe I should try two engraves, one with a focal point change. brb.

2 Likes

How did I know kill la kill would be in that article! haha! Thats the first costume I remember seeing those used in, and rightfully so. Dangerous levels of slippage potential in that costume.

1 Like

Someone you know?

1 Like

No, was someone I follow on instagram but dont remember the name, and it was passed around the cosplay community immediately. Ive seen a couple variations out of different materials. Most of them are done really well and its hard to tell theyre fake.

The kill la kill costume had some pretty big fake ones, and for the first couple of days everyone was trying to figure out how they kept them from falling out, nip slips, etc. Then we found out they were sown to the costume haha.

3 Likes

Kaitlyn Leeb is a York psychology grad turned actress.

While still very honored to have portrayed a three-boobed prostitute in an uncredited role she describes as “super-iconic,” Leeb is already growing exasperated with the inane questions she’s begun receiving about her girls.

It seems people are asking this lovely young woman if she really does have three boobs. If one of the boobs was added surgically, making her a sexy Frankenstein. If at least 2/3 of the boobs are really hers.

“It bugged me that people thought I was walking around Comic Con with my breasts hanging out. They’re not mine.”

For the record, all three of the breasts are part of a custom-built prosthetic that takes up to five hours to apply.

Full article on Gawker

5 Likes

I could not cut the silicone… just engrave it. My machine is 30wt so no reason the Glowforge couldn’t etch it at least… although, what about the multiple passes on etching that Dan had mentioned before… lower power may cut through it…

2 Likes

The problem it seems is that when you cut it creates a char layer inside that prevents further cutting. You can pull it out and get rid of the char, but then you can’t get it positioned back exactly where it was, so you can’t cut further in the groove you’ve already made =\

3 Likes

LOL! This reminds me of an old friend, who created an elaborate female Ferengi costume for one of the cons up here (Norwescon? Sakuracon?). She was in one of the costume contests, and had the whole place howling with her strip tease act … IIRC, her chest was normal/human-like but there were definitely multiple butts!

(no silicone, though - her get up was a hand sewn and stuffed bodysuit)

4 Likes

Thanks everyone for sharing your knowledge. Learned alot.

Final verdict silicone material not laser friendly.:disappointed:

1 Like