Laser Fun With Paper

Dude you made something from tree paste with friggin lasers!

4 Likes

BRILLIANT !! :nerd_face: seriously love everything - and great tip on etching!

2 Likes

It turned out really, really great! Thanks for sharing. I really like how you etched the paper to get a bleached effect.

1 Like

I like how the different sized leaves create perspective.

2 Likes

Thank you!
People I show the glowforge to are amazed (including me) the laser can fire low enough to etch paper!

I am curious @smcgathyfay, do your lasers give you that degree of power control?

3 Likes

You’re totally right…went back and looked at it again after reading your comment…it looks like the leaves are falling!

1 Like

The Redsail (60W) does. I’d be surprised if most don’t. Especially the lower powered ones (like <120W). The K40s can but they’re finicky with the dial power control. Mine doesn’t have the digital controls so I don’t know if those are better.

1 Like

Thanks!

My anniversary is coming up but since my wife will be gone on a work trip we plan on celebrating this weekend. It hadn’t occured to me to make something…or get anything specific… oops! Thanks for the reminder and for giving me a good start, although I am left with far less time and she tends to lurk around me when I’m lasering so wish me luck haha

Also, I agree that she is the most wonderful occurrence in my life. Great work and maybe this is also a great reminder that CHRISTMAS is coming up, so get the creativity flowing extra early for that :wink:

1 Like

Absolutely!

That turned out awesome! What settings did you use?

1 Like

Absolutely…etch and cut paper…Universals are precise…but cost 5 times the cost of the :glowforge:

2 Likes

My hubs gets up and makes me coffee every morning. That’s all it takes for me – he could pretty much screw up everything else and I’d still be happy. :heart:

5 Likes

I do that for my wife! So I’m good, right?

3 Likes