Laser Inspired Recipes (Or your favorites)

Cheeks are great. Fish cheeks too!

2 Likes

Don’t forget to remove the bag before cooking!! ( Been there - done that…)

6 Likes

First time cooking a turkey, we discovered this odd looking bags inside after pulling it out of the oven.

Had always wondered where the giblets came from, but finding the neck was very odd.:turkey:

4 Likes

Neck for stock and giblets for dressing.

1 Like

If we had discovered them before roasting the bird :flushed:

4 Likes

I’d been promising my husband some banana muffins. These have toasted walnuts and white chocolate, but no spices. They almost taste like banana candy.

8 Likes

They look decadent! (Recipe? My husband’s a huge fan of banana nut too.) :wink:

2 Likes

Sure, it’s super easy.

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. In one bowl, mix together 1.5 cups all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon baking powder, and 0.5 teaspoons kosher salt. In the picture above I added a pinch extra baking powder, because I used whole wheat flour (we mill most of our own flour) and that can often use a leavening boost.

If you have a blender, blend together 3 mushy brown bananas, 0.5 cups white sugar, 0.25 cups brown sugar, 1/3 cup melted butter, and one egg (make sure your egg is at room temp; if it isn’t, run it under some hot water for a minute. cold eggs can make your butter congeal). If you don’t have a blender, beat the snot of your bananas, then whisk together your butter and egg, add this to the banana, and add your sugar; stil until the grittiness of the sugar disappears.

Add your flour mixture to your banana mixture, and stir until everything just comes together. At this point, add whatever additions you want - I toasted some walnuts and added some white chocolate, but any kind of chocolate would work well, as would most nuts. Pour the batter into a greased and floured muffin tin and bake until a knife or toothpick, inserted into the centre, comes out clean.

These are sweet enough, especially with the chocolate chips, that you don’t really need to add anything on top - but if you want to play around, you could put a crumb topping on, or a crusty sugar one, or even thinly slice bananas and let them cook on top.

4 Likes

Sounds delish, and this has to be my favorite cooking direction of all time! ROFL! Thanks! :smile:

4 Likes

Haha, in person I’d use a different word but I try to avoid cursing on family friendly forums :v

4 Likes

Just made my own interpretation of

with chili oil from
http://omnivorescookbook.com/recipes/how-to-make-fresh-chinese-chili-oil

16 Likes

It clearly tasted awful by the looks of those plates. I love mapo; it’s one of my favorite things to make for supper.

I’m redoing my kitchen this week I have been debating the big whip facet like you have. what’s your thoughts on it as I see you have one maybe you have some feedback ?

It’s great - the bottom of our sink is square (wish that was different), so it’s very helpful to wash stuff down the drain.

The sink I went with I wanted to do a full single basin but compromised with the 60/40 half height divider to compromise both worlds

5 Likes

I definitely like the split.

1 Like

The first change I made to my house was to install big, deep sinks and a high faucet sprayer. Check out commercial ones that look like Dan’s.

You can fit big babies and medium sized dogs under them and rinse out coolers and large roasting pans.

5 Likes

If you’re getting a split sink, remember to think about the handedness of the people who will be using it.

2 Likes

baptisms?

1 Like

In emergency, but I was mainly referring to the family custom of washing babies in the kitchen sink. I guess it is a custom from great grandparents time!

The messy, face-spattered with food little ones get put in the sink and rinsed off.

Of course, not my sink, too many dishes!

5 Likes