powder on the part without using the special gun. But I’m assuming that if
it is not cured it will wash right off. The areas hit by the laser should
be bonded to the part. So after the excess paint is washed off ,the
graphics should remain and need to be fully cured in an oven or with a heat
gun. I am only hoping it will work this way. I won’t really know until I
get my laser and try it. But even reading about it was exciting to me. So
I decided to let people know about it. If you have a laser and wish to try
it buy some from Powder Koatkkane and give it a try. If it does work It
would be a great way to put colorful graphics and text on anything you make.

3 Likes

That stuff just looks (to my untrained eye) like liquid crystal polymer resin, thinned out, which they mix the paint powder in with allowing it to heat cure.

Thanks Dan, I will check it out.

Gary

OMG!!! I bought my unit with the intention of etching powder coated pieces. (I have lots of other things I want to work on too, but this was one of my top dog wishes). I was going to use a little powder coating liquidizer I found on eBay, but this offers so many options and possibilities (I can hold off buying a spray booth…) Thank you! So excited! Googling, and buying, as soon as I’m done posting.

1 Like

Apparently you can’t just Google and purchase. I put in a request for info. Has anyone bought LiquiPowder from Techline yet?

I saw somewhere on here some powder liquid medium, but it was expensive stuff
are you still looking?

Jonathan

1 Like

Yes- I am waiting for a response from Techline, but they’re in Australia. I would be interested in researching all my options.

I’ve been trying to remember what the subject was, it was some liquid you mixed with powder coat paint to be laserable marking - There is paint / marking that you mix with alcohol out (but only black / white / copper) but I am still researching.

Jonathan

Ohhh. Interesting. I want to do a true powder coat and then etch it on the laser.

this?

Yes. That is the company I reached out to. But the product is called LiquiPowder. The video above was helpful.

1 Like

they are in NJ

When I filled out the online form I got a notice of AU. (I, myself, work for a company with offices all over the world.)

None-the less, I contacted them and I’m waiting for a response.

See also:

4 Likes

Yes- I’ve actually tried this. Definitely need more info on it, as I just barely dipped my toe in.

I’m currently looking to do something very specific with full layers of powder coating on the piece.

1 Like

Did you try this out yet? Confused since there is a five year gap. Was looking at getting the the powder and trying it on acrylic. If it worked for you can you post your steps and settings?

No. Not yet. I received the LiquiPowder, but have been backlogged with other projects (I only get time to use my forge on weekends). I’ll let you know when I do. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks??

Sounds good really excited to see if this works

Any success?

I just ordered a toaster oven for curing the powder coat today. I don’t think I’ll be able to start trying the new process until next weekend at the earliest. Getting there. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like