Let’s talk about fans

That’s a major bummer. I hope you or someone figure it out and shares it with everyone. I don’t want to get sick from laser cutting. Totally not worth it.

1 Like

Do you have pictures of your current setup? Someone might be able to give you some help.

I haven’t really done anything besides put the hose out the window…I have those tilt windows in my classroom, which I think adds extra complication. So here’s what I have now…

Ah. You’re really not preventing the smoke and fumes from coming back I to the room. I have a similar problem when someone opens the bathroom window above where the Glowforge exhausts out the basement - the smoke goes out of the basement and rises to re-enter upstairs.

You need to create a panel you can put in the window frame and the cut a hole for the hose connection. A dryer vent will work. Then you can pop the window open, place the insert into the frame and laser away. You may want to use foam weatherstripping around your panel to help seal it. Plywood is okay but you lose the light. Plexiglass or other acrylic would preserve the light.

2 Likes

I know my setup isn’t going to cut it. I just had to do something to start learning how to use the machine! Glad I did, but those are great suggestions. Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

This is a bad idea for the long term, but in the short term the further outside the window you can get the end of the hose, the better off you may be.