Loom from ancient times

My colleague @hildenorheim made this Loom by designing it in Tinkercad first and then we printed it in our GF. Beautiful result. This yupe of loom is known all the way back to the Vikings. Fun to use in school. #Norway

41 Likes

Very nice! I’d love to see a video demo.

9 Likes

Demo of the laserprint or how to use the loom?

lør. 30. jan. 2021 kl. 12:39 skrev cynd11 via Glowforge Owners Forum <glowforge@discoursemail.com>:

1 Like

How to use the loom!

5 Likes

Ok.I’ll ask Hilde to make a video!

lør. 30. jan. 2021 kl. 15:06 skrev cynd11 via Glowforge Owners Forum <glowforge@discoursemail.com>:

4 Likes

Yay, so nice to see another weaver here. I made an updated version of this, a double-hole loom.

Looking forward to seeing the neat things you make with the loom, and the GF.

9 Likes

I love how a current tool can be used to recreate an ancient tool. Very nice.

6 Likes

Thats super. I would love to see it in action as well.

3 Likes

Uploading: VID_20210130_202958.mp4…

Beautiful work here. I’m going to watch the loom video too. You may have just created a new rabbit hole for me. I’m a fiber addict!

1 Like

Vikings used the words “yupe” and “type” interchangeably… :wink:

Unfortunately you can’t upload videos of more than a few seconds in this forum, due to the size restrictions. Your best bet is to host it somewhere (like YouTube or Vimeo) and post a link to it here. Or make an animated gif, those usually upload here okay.

Thanks for trying!

Here is my video. Sorry that the text is in Norwegian and that the quality is bad.

Grindvev

3 Likes

Love the design you added to it! Thank you for sharing the video, also.

1 Like

Thanx a lot👍

tor. 4. feb. 2021 kl. 16:52 skrev ptodd via Glowforge Owners Forum <glowforge@discoursemail.com>:

Oh that make it so clear! Thank you for the video :smiley:

1 Like

Your welcome👍

tor. 4. feb. 2021 kl. 18:41 skrev deirdrebeth via Glowforge Owners Forum <glowforge@discoursemail.com>: