Losing alignment

Ok, picture coming.

No problems yesterday at all, has done it twice today in the 2 hrs I’ve been on so far

I appreciate you working through those instructions, and for sending over this photo. I’d like to look at another photo from the inside of your Glowforge.

Could you please send us a photo of the pulley under the laser arm, like the example below?

I’ll send over the next steps after reviewing this image. Thank you!

Hopefully one of these pictures will work…

Thank you for working through those steps, and for sending over the photos. Based on the images, the pulley assembly on the bottom right hand side of your laser arm appears to be correct. Do you notice any missing teeth on the belt that attaches to your Carriage Plate?

Would it be possible to obtain a video recording when you notice the sound as your Glowforge is centering? I’d like to review it to narrow down the snag.

Also, does the same alignment trouble occur when utilizing Set Focus on each print?

The belt has no missing teeth that I could see, the problem is very inconsistent. It hasn’t happened for 2 days now. I would have to be extremely lucky to be able to catch it on video.

I am following this thread as I seem to be having a similar problem with mine. Works fine, then alignment goes way off.

@forbesoste, make sure you start a New Thread in Problems and Support to make sure that support sees it and opens a ticket for you. Add-on posts to open threads do not generate a ticket, only new threads do.

Thank you for working through those steps! It can be difficult to narrow down trouble that its intermittent, especially on material that you are printing on. Does this behavior occur when utilizing Set Focus on each print?

I’m glad to hear that it has not occurred recently, and you’ve been able to continue printing.

I’m so sorry to hear you are running into trouble. As @Jules outlined, we normally try and keep each customer instance in a separate thread to ensure we can provide the right amount of attention to each snag.

Could you please reach out to us directly at support@glowforge.com describing the behavior you are seeing? We’ll follow up with the next best steps as soon as possible.

Thank you!

I rarely use set focus because all my prints lately are on the exact same material. I don’t think I have had it happen when using set focus. It did mess up 3 times last night again. That’s 3 times out of hundreds of prints, I am running my machines VERY steady right now. No goofs so far today.

Thank you for letting me know! I’m glad to hear that you have been successful in most of your prints. Intermittent trouble like this can be difficult to narrow down, especially when it occurs on materials that are not Proofgrade. I would suggest utilizing Set Focus for each print to ensure it does not waste any of your materials, and let us know if you start to see the same behavior when using Proofgrade materials.

I’m going to move this thread to Beyond the Manual so other folks here can help. Should this happen with a print on Proofgrade materials, please open a new ticket in Problems and Support and we’ll help you right away!

Well, my problem may have been related to power issues or dirty rails. I did several deep cleanings of the rails both ways and plugged into an uninterrupted power supply and haven’t had it happen for the last week or so.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.