So adorable yet functional!! :squee:

3 Likes

Very cool!

3 Likes

Very, very squeeeee! :grinning: :squeeee::hedgie:

3 Likes

I like!

3 Likes

Function AND form- well done! (And very cute)

2 Likes

Cute! All it needs is a little red checked tablecloth.

8 Likes

I really like this. I bet you could make some money with that design. This would look great in a diner. :grinning:

6 Likes

I agree with @davidgal2, you have a commercially viable design there, if Iā€™d have come up with that Iā€™d have it on Etsy both as a customizable finished product and as a file.

3 Likes

That is a top 10 Made on a Glowforge item. So clever. You could sell a million of them!

6 Likes

You can buy them off Amazon for about $15 and thereā€™s a decent Instructable on making them as well - easy enough to modify for lasers.

Perfect value-add is to engrave personalizations on the table top or seats.

16 Likes

If it is a good idea I should always figure it has probibly been done.

This, so much. Thosands of things out there that can be bought but look like everyone elseā€™s that we can make better, make personal, make bespoke.

7 Likes

The version that @chevalier_jeanpaul posted is better because you can easily access any one of the items from either side of the table. The Instructables version provides easy access from one side only to the catsup and mustard and either salt or pepper

1 Like

His also has a carry handle. Although the support for the handle may get in the way of access. I made a version of the Instructable style (based on a YouTube video :slight_smile: ) that I modified to use oblong holes for the ketchup & mustard and the salt & pepper on the side. We get the oblong bottles of ketchup & mustard and donā€™t decant them into fancy bottles :wink: It would have been so much easier getting the holes right with the GF - trace the bottle and then use the GF to trace the tracing.

Thereā€™s also a variant out there with 3 bottles (for Mayo or Vinegar or Relish) and no salt & pepper. And one using cups (like sippy cups without the lids) for the various condiments.

Lots of stuff oriented toward bandsaw and scrollsaw makers that can be repurposed for lasers. I have a couple of scrollsaw pattern books I pass around at laser class to give people ideas of where they can get ideas.

But making these using a laser is so much easier than the bandsaw & holesaw route. You can make all cuts & holes in one shot vs having multiple tools needed for multiple steps. Makes making these a piece of cake. Using PG plywood would eliminate a finishing step as well (either scuff the finish or use CA or both where youā€™re gluing the parts together).

4 Likes

How can we over-engineer thisā€¦

Napkin or paper towel holderā€¦
toothpick holder/dispenser
plastic cutlery holders?

5 Likes

Well the Instructable does have a napkin holder :smile:

And a 3 hole top could have a cup for cutlery (which is actually what my wife wants).

2 Likes

Ehrmuhgawd typing in another web address is so much work! Canā€™t you just give me a clickity-click? :smiley:

2 Likes

Bluetoothā€¦

6 Likes

Automatic amazon refill order when the ketchup gets low

7 Likes