Maker Faire Bay Area this weekend

It was awesome finally getting to see a Glowforge in action in person, not to mention meeting @dan and the crew!! Now it’s even more excruciating waiting till December, but at the same time I know it’ll be worth it!

I won’t be able to make the talk tomorrow, unfortunately (gotta work my own booth), but most Maker Faire presentations are recorded and posted by the end of the Faire. I’ll post the link if I see it before anyone else :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thank you Glowforge Team! Maker Faire was great. Loved seeing the Glowforge in action. Can’t wait for delivery!

5 Likes

Aha! Here’s the live twitch feed for the Faire – should have the presentation live at 10:30 AM PST.

http://makerfaire.com/live/

7 Likes

It was SO GREAT seeing so many of you today - @bookwyrm, @jbv @Hillary, @garin_gardiner, @rebecca, and @jacobturner! Really appreciate you coming by. Fingers crossed the video stream works! (And the wifi works - we may be reduced to using a Mefi tomorrow for the demo!)

6 Likes

Did I somehow link to the wrong presentation Saturday morning? The 10:30 am presentation was on some sort of sound-related LED lighting.

1 Like

Glowforge wasn’t live streamed.

1 Like

Oh, thinking back, someone did mention that. Hopefully someone will post a video.

3 Likes

My partner and I caught (and recorded) the demo. Well, I got video of all but the first couple minutes where Dan enlists Brooke’s help in demonstrating how to make a necklace. It was a fun presentation, we both came away more excited about Glowforge than before.

16 Likes

Thanks for posting that, now I know where joshforge went! :smile:

10 Likes

Oh no. Joshforge is in Seattle. That was Joshforge II. :wink:

14 Likes

new revision or ia the first one to busted to turn around quick therefor delaying beta testing unnecessary?

2 Likes

JFII is a more recent build.

15 Likes

Can I like that and then unlike it and then like it again?

14 Likes

Thanks for sharing this!!!

Someone else posted more of the talk: https://youtu.be/Rn6CYGs0-Dc?t=6m25s

5 Likes

And you get to see the back of @BlakOpal 's head.

Awesome, thank you!

1 Like