Making a neon acrylic scale (glorified ruler) from start to finish on a Trotec laser (also a fair amount of Rhino stuff)

Great video! One suggested improvement that you could make is to reverse everything and essentially do the engrave and cut from the back. That way, your markings will be directly against what you’re measuring, which would reduce or eliminate parallax error if your eye isn’t directly over where you’re measuring. That’s one of the advantages of using a transparent material like this for a measuring scale.

12 Likes

I had an import 18-in height gauge that was next to useless - it rarely repeated and you could see it skipping increments over a moderately long distance. It was a lot cheaper than that Mitutuyo, though, and was fine so long as you didn’t actually want to know the height of something. If the job is important, sometimes you just can’t afford to save a lot of money.

2 Likes

I just finished watching. I am SO tickled that my other thread question ended in this. I see myself using a lot of neon to make a lot of custom scales and cursors.

3 Likes