Making ear savers

i can’t speak for all vets, but mine isn’t doing a lot of generic routine stuff. we got some routine stuff done, but only as part of getting some annual things that you shouldn’t wait on (like rabies shots and picking up heartworm/flea&tick, which we also shouldn’t skip). she got a couple of other vaccines/tests while she was in there. the vet tech came out to the car.

3 Likes

This is good news. I need to call mine and tell them the appointments will have to wait. Our cats are indoor only, so it ‘s not a crisis if their treatments are a bit delayed. Hopefully we’ll be able to get though another month or two without the cats escaping or rabid animals breaking in!

2 Likes

I have a new dilemma; Gkid lost a baby tooth Friday evening that’s connected to her braces, so now it’s just dangling there. Her orthodontist is 4 hours away from us, so I can’t take her in even if it’s considered an emergency, and I’m not sure what to do about it!

Waiting for a call back today, now that they’re finally in the office again.

Can you just pop it off? Pretty sure that’s what I’d o at this point. :wink:

Apparently my daughter has tried that in the past and says it’s super hard. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I’m going to leave it alone unless it starts bothering her (which was the orthodontist’s advice this morning), but if it does become a problem I will definitely try to pop it off myself rather than having to drive to Ft Worth for him to do it!

1 Like

Aww, that makes sense. Yeah, I wouldn’t be taking an adult animal into a clinic for just a routine checkup and vaccine boosters. Generally speaking, as long as the animal was fully vaccinated as a youngster there’s no need keep doing it every single year. Since rabies is required by law there’s some liability if that lapses and they bite someone, but even that vaccine is good for a whole lot longer than what the law allows for. I think you’re doing the right thing not going for a checkup.

2 Likes

At THE worst time, my daughter’s cat swallowed a sewing needle… I appreciate the fact the Vet was available…
I’m now managing a headache from the bill the I’m sure will be ‘sizeable’.

3 Likes

My wife can tell you the cost to have pretty much anything in your house removed from the digestive tract of your pet… hair bands and bags of pot are local favorites (One of the largest dispensaries in MA is a block from her hospital). Her record is 21 hair bands. The craziest one I helped her with was a dog who ate a pu-pu platter and came in with the skewers sticking out of the abdomen… dog did fine, owner’s Visa card did not…

2 Likes

A friend just sent me the x-ray she took of her boxer showing a fascinating mosaic pattern of very dense objects right below the rib cage. Apparently, decorative pebbles are tasty.

2 Likes

Update from Glowforge - 8.5 Million Requests

In the post they shared additional stock of 1/8 material is available:

" And for those who are waiting on Acrylic to make more, we just got in a new acrylic shipment of Lavender, Matte Black and Clear Blue Acrylic. They look stunning! Just head to shop.glowforge.com to stock up."

Make sure and use this code EARSAVERSACRYLIC in the checkout in the gift card section for 20% off.

1 Like

That would have been handy to know at the time… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: That could have saved me a weeks groceries…

Ya, its buried in the initial FAQ for makers of earsavers: https://meet.glowforge.com/earsavers/ I’ll keep posting it to try and spread the word.

Note it’s a one-time-only code, based on the wording in the FAQ.

I just realized that when I went back for a second order. wonder if that was intentional?

Yes, the FAQ says you can get a 20% discount on one order.

I have started asking for donations towards material. Fox 23 here in Tulsa caught wind of it and did a story on us yesterday to help get the word out if anybody needs these and where to donate. We can’t make these fast enough for these people. Unfortunately I can’t afford to keep buying material with no money coming in for our business so that’s why we started asking for donations. I’ve had about $300 donated so far. Don’t forget the nursing homes to.

1 Like

I lost the template for the sheet ear saver I see it in the gallery but once I open it it does not existin my how Foege peo. I try to reload the page and noting my hole is to do 20,000 ear saver Currently have acrylic to do 5000

My son took his dog into the vet, they came to the car (with a muzzle; the dog doesn’t like the vet cuz he gives shots and the dog remembers) and brought him back after checking up on him (post teeth removal) and whatever else was needed.

Juan, if you check your other posting I replied with the process for resetting the design.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.