Manual settings help

No it tried to engrave but I guess did not go deep enough

As Christy stated twice yesterday in posts above, power should not be 1.

2 Likes

That’s spot on. I don’t get clean cut-through (or engraving) through the masking layer at anything less than 5.

I only use the lower settings for tracing jig positions onto cardboard or paper.

3 Likes

So you’re basically going really fast with almost no power. That’s why it’s not deep enough. It’s the difference between passing your hand super fast over a candle flame and holding it for a few seconds over a bonfire. One does nothing, the other is going to cause serious burns.

I don’t know why your PG settings aren’t correct, but it’s most likely what I said before about it setting to 1. See if you can change the material type to a different PG acrylic and then back again. Maybe it will reset. Otherwise you can try the settings I posted above on a small sample.

As stated… your power was set at 1… that won’t engrave much of anything… it often resets if you click on proofgrade (to see what they use) and then go back to manual. I’ve done that w/o catching power had reset back to 1

1 Like

Ok thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.