Matchy Matchy Laser-Cut Leather Bow Ties!

that is SO cool! thx!

yeah, the ex gets credit for coming up with that, and pretty much all the logic in the application. It’s a good example of software engineers needing to understand the business logic for only the 10 seconds it takes to write the line of code to make it work!

3 Likes

Yup, I know what you mean! I now know more about plant phenology than most developers after working with http://budburst.org for 9+ years. Hated to turn over the keys last year, though – my org passed it along to a new owner. :unamused:

Oh, before I get dinged for going OT again:

Look, a bow tie! EEEK!!!

14 Likes

I love this group! :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Awesome bowties! The living hinge is perfect.

3 Likes

Here is the Laser Lady’s work in Show & Tell.
She shines with an airbrush as well!:no_mouth:

9 Likes

Well… If we’re IMDBing ourselves…

Yes, this is actually me. But I’m really not tooting my own horn. This was really very silly. And it’s the geekiest thing ever. I did write the theme song and create the entire title sequence to this “show.” It was something this guy Kyle asked me to do as he knew I was looking for a little project to do for fun. So I did it. If you like geeky stuff, do watch the YouTube channel. Not saying it’s a great show. Just stating that it exists. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Awright! I know two famous people! :grin:
(I’m now twice as cool as I was yesterday!)

8 Likes

Awesome! We should get their autographs now!

5 Likes

Probably best to back them with felt, leather or some other fabric to avoid snapping.

3 Likes

That is the coolest of cool!

I have an entry on IMDB too. Hopelessly innacurate and out of date though. Really should do something about that!

9 Likes

My only claim to fame is a few patents. Borrring!

13 Likes

Totally fun! I’m completely surrounded by famous people, and people with patents, and even people with arachnids named after them! :grin:

(I really ought to do something to justify my existence one of these days…)

11 Likes

I had two of the original Mercury Seven Astronauts give me a piggy back ride when I was about two years old. Does that make my butt famous?

28 Likes

Wrrrrong! I totally geek out over patent holders the way “normal” people do actors.

13 Likes

Oh wow! Yeah, that qualifies. :smile:

7 Likes

YES!

7 Likes

I’m always humbled and amazed wrt accomplishments of the Glowflolk here.

1 Like

NOT boring. truly amazing. :thumbsup:

3 Likes