Matchy Matchy Laser-Cut Leather Bow Ties!

That is the coolest of cool!

I have an entry on IMDB too. Hopelessly innacurate and out of date though. Really should do something about that!

9 Likes

My only claim to fame is a few patents. Borrring!

13 Likes

Totally fun! I’m completely surrounded by famous people, and people with patents, and even people with arachnids named after them! :grin:

(I really ought to do something to justify my existence one of these days…)

11 Likes

I had two of the original Mercury Seven Astronauts give me a piggy back ride when I was about two years old. Does that make my butt famous?

28 Likes

Wrrrrong! I totally geek out over patent holders the way “normal” people do actors.

13 Likes

Oh wow! Yeah, that qualifies. :smile:

7 Likes

YES!

7 Likes

I’m always humbled and amazed wrt accomplishments of the Glowflolk here.

1 Like

NOT boring. truly amazing. :thumbsup:

3 Likes

I rode in an elevator with Buzz Aldrin (wow was he short), and shook Gene Cernan’s hand! :blush:

10 Likes

I ate a hot dog with Alton Brown waiting for a plane once. (Actually he was eating a Chicago Dog but I stuck with a fairly naked one.)

6 Likes

IMdb credits and patent holders. I’m just going to take my obscure magazine articles and back slowly out of the room.

12 Likes

Heloise used one of my hints once. :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Oh don’t be coy, your PETG article is plastered all over the web! :smile:

5 Likes

I know the feeling.
I used to think I was pretty crafty till I spent some time here.

10 Likes

Yes, yes it does!! And to have a road named for your family too!!

5 Likes

Chucke! Oh yeah, tens and tens of people have seen it! :smile:

4 Likes

Seriously? AWESOME.

4 Likes

My wife and I agree that, being only a Muggle, I’ve met far more celebrities than my fair share. B.B. King, David Morse, Heart, Journey, Barenaked Ladies, Cheap Trick, and even I’m surprised to say the list really does go on and on.

Talking about surprisingly-short celebrities… I was at a holiday party at a hotel in Philly about 12 years ago. My wife (then girlfriend) and I stepped out of the party area into the common area on that floor. The elevator dings, then opens to reveal… none other than… Cuba Gooding, Jr… wearing only a towel. I kid you not. Talk about getting off at the wrong floor! His eyes opened wide for a moment, then he nodded and said “Oh. Wrong floor.” He went to push the appropriate button, but then he realized we recognized him (as our jaws were on the floor). He was so amazingly gracious that he took a step out of the elevator and shook my hand and a couple of others’ before backing back into the elevator and disappearing.

13 Likes