Material Swaps

One other marker in my country, about a $300 trip one-way :frowning: Hope someone shows up closer!

Great idea. Iā€™m in. We could even make a Facebook group for it.

Oh, please donā€™t! Hard to believe maybe, but there are still some of us who are not members of Facebook (and not planning on joining).

4 Likes

I was part of the facbook before. But now I am free.

2 Likes

Ok no Facebook then. I just like how easy it is to organize and communicate with other members in the groupā€¦ Something else then.

Facebook is good please dont be discouraged. Im just an antisocial person lol.

Me too! :wink: Actually, my reason is that, Iā€™m afraid Iā€™ll miss out on all kinds of cool stuff that wonā€™t be available to non-FB members.

1 Like

I think the Glowforge forum will be great for this. Eventually there will be more categories to assist in facilitating this. Although one platform to rule them all can be helpful, the bespoke nature of a forum such as this has its advantages.

5 Likes

Drive west, Iā€™m your Dutch neighbor.

1 Like

So you are the closest one for me at the moment :wink:

I imagine this idea may pick up again when they announce what will be in the ā€œproof packsā€ we get with the machines. I noticed there were some other ā€œforgersā€ in the Tucson/Phoenix area ( hmmm forgers seems kind of ominus - like counterfiter) .Watching this forum over the last few months, it looks like quite a few people have become closer and I believe friendships made. Once we all start using our GF, Iā€™m sure there will be a lot of swapping and sharing of materials and patterns- not just locally. I mentioned in another post that there is a Tandy store( more like warehouse) close by and I would be happy to look or ship or share a purchase with another user to share costs or save shipping. I definately look forward to GF pen pals in the future.

4 Likes

The USPS flat rate box is kind of the defacto medium of exchange amongst used machine tool hoarders. I can easily see something similar here where I send you a small flat rate of delrin and you send one of leather.

7 Likes

I like this idea and would definitely like to be a part of it.

2 Likes